Honored Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

Someone saw an opportunity and impulsively acted on it.  

Honored Contributor

@Kalli Yes there are many important things to worry about but we can't discuss them here....so hence this topic has its importance.

Esteemed Contributor

You wanna talk about stealing...

My moral compass considers a missing jersey karma for something much bigger--like DEFLATEGATE.

Honored Contributor

I live in maine,husband son were big patriot fans, i don't care what happened to it,first de flate gate,now this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Wouldn't it be funny if a cleaning person threw it in with the other laundry/towels? 

If someone did take it and they can now come forward for their 15 minutes of fame and a photo op with Tom.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

omg--can i tell you how much I don't care about Bradys stinky, smelly, nasty jersey and how I find the TX rangers investigating this " horrendous" crime a waste of taxpayers $$. I'm sure there are some real criminals out there that have robbed, raped and murdered, far more important than a piece of clothing---makes me crazy that sports takes on more meaning than real crimes!!!!! I hope whoever has the stupid thing burns it!!!!

@wagirl

And I'm a resident of Texas and resent my taxes going for this nonsense!!!!  I think the NFL Texan team should pay for the investigation since they apparently failed to provide proper security for their facilities....it's their stadium where this occurred!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The person who took the jersey probably thought that it wasn't a big deal and he'd keep as a souvenier or wait a few years and sell it to souvenier dealer.  He didn't think it would get so much publicity.  It is possible that he'll return it anonymously, that would be nice.  But as big a Pat's fan as I am, I don't think it's a big deal at all.  I don't believe much of what I read on Youtube or FB, I take it all with a grain of salt.  I don't care about fake news stories about pink elephants and two headed babies.  What distresses me is fake news stories about things that matter, things that important.  And then there is that whole "alternate facts" rubbish when we all know that a lie is lie.  When you get caught, you own up to it and move on.  But that's the world we live in now.  I'm glad I am not raising young children now.  I wouldn't know how to explain this stuff to them.

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I know this is not the sports board.  I am posting this here as a "what has the world come to" statement.  Tom Jersey's super bowl jersey was stolen in the locker room. Can anyone actually have the NERVE to do such a thing.

What has happened to the morals in america.  Now I'm not trying to debate the rights and wrongs of the Patriots or the NFL.  I'm just saying as one person to another, why would I even "THINK" it was "OKAY" to take his jersey. You know it had to be either security, medical staff, even a team mate on the team.  And you know what is going to happen, in a few weeks, a Lawyer is going to contact the NFL and want to return the jersey anonymously for their client.  We may never get to know who really did this terrible act.

Also to add the "FAKE" new angle, most major stations CNN, NBC, etc are acknowleding that the jersey was stolen but one FAKE new you tube person is claiming that the jersey was found.  What is up with all these "FAKE" news stories.

I just hate the way this "nation" is going, the alternative facts, just straight out lying, what is next.  I'd love to hear your comments.

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

All they have to do is wait a bit and it will show up for sale at some sports memorabilia shop or on Craig's list....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if a cleaning person threw it in with the other laundry/towels? 

If someone did take it and they can now come forward for their 15 minutes of fame and a photo op with Tom.

He had folded it, put it in a duffel, in his locker. Someone went out of their way to get it. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that with all of the wrongs that are perpetrated every day, I can't get excited about the loss of Brady's jersey. Sorry.

I think this is a symbol of all the wrongs that are perpetrated every day. Yes, in the world scheme of things it is a relatively small wrong. However, the teaching required for a child to grow up with great respect for the posessions of others (and respecting others) as well as teaching empathy, compassion and everything required for a well run and safe society begins the moment the child is brought home from the hospital.... 

As far as Brady's jersey.... it's so "known" now that this item was stolen (probably initially to put on eBay but now the thief can't).... the thief won't be able to sell it!!  Also I heard they put a an incredibly good group to look into the theft... good!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*