Honored Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

Here in new england to say you hate brady,those are fighting words, some of it is jealously because the patriots have won so many Superbowl's.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, I posted my original post just for conversation.  I never thought this "Jersey" issue was equivalent to major world, USA or life concerns.  I know people are starving, many are sick, many are homeless and out of work, this was just a light hearted posting to say "wow" someone really stole his jersey.

Just like if someone at work had their lunch in the refrigerator and it was stolen. It's not that serious, this is just conversation.

At one time, this board was a fun place to post all kinds of topics.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

Wow, I posted my original post just for conversation.  I never thought this "Jersey" issue was equivalent to major world, USA or life concerns.  I know people are starving, many are sick, many are homeless and out of work, this was just a light hearted posting to say "wow" someone really stole and item.

Just like if someone at work had their lunch in the refrigerator and it was stolen. It's not that serious, this is just conversation.

At one time, this board was a fun place to post all kinds of topics.

We've had that conversation here before, too.

IIRC, it too didn't end well.

Honored Contributor

As a person that is serious, don't beat around the bush type, i have noticed more people are serious now days.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Let me just start by saying, I could care less.

Second...I saw a news story on this, and I was thinking......when players win a big championship game, they generally do not go in to the locker room or take time to place something in a gym bag. They are too busy kissing each other or loved ones....jumping up and down....throwing Gatorade on each other....you know, stuff like that.

Where did he take it off? On the field and hand it to someone? Most of the players I saw, were wearing their brandy new tshirts over their jerseys or had them draped over their shoulders.

Where is his jersey? I think it's home in the wash with all his other clothes.

I call shenanigans.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand I'm in the minority, but why is he always in the middle of some controversy?  I think he loves hearing his name in media , me not so much.  

Honored Contributor

RedHeadedWench wrote:

Second...I saw a news story on this, and I was thinking......when players win a big championship game, they generally do not go in to the locker room or take time to place something in a gym bag. They are too busy kissing each other or loved ones....jumping up and down....throwing Gatorade on each other....you know, stuff like that.

Where did he take it off? On the field and hand it to someone? Most of the players I saw, were wearing their brandy new tshirts over their jerseys or had them draped over their shoulders.

I call shenanigans.

Interesting.  The vibe I get on this thing is that he stashed it away, so that he could keep it without having to feel obligated to donate it or anything like that.  Then he cried 'wolf' so that he would be the victim and it would just become this unsolved mystery.

It's just hard to imagine that somebody managed to get in there, find it in his bag (wherever that was - in his locker?) and snag it, without anybody being the wise.

Of course I could be wrong.  I recognize that.  Smiley Happy   But that's just the vibe I get from hearing the story.

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB Maybe you didn't see all the Super Bowl threads about the commercials, half time, Patriots win, etc. They all included the same types of comments about Tom Brady, even those that had zero to do with him. So I guess one about his jersey was bound to as well. 

I don't think anyone is saying it's equivalent to the things you mentioned. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

It's greed, pure and simple - that shirt is worth a lot money. 

I really hope they catch the culprit. 

I agree.  One newscaster said it's worth about $500,000 but no one would buy it now because it's stolen property.  Brady has kids....I'm sure they would love to have it one day.  

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

I call shenanigans.

Interesting.  The vibe I get on this thing is that he stashed it away, so that he could keep it without having to feel obligated to donate it or anything like that.  Then he cried 'wolf' so that he would be the victim and it would just become this unsolved mystery.

It's just hard to imagine that somebody managed to get in there, find it in his bag (wherever that was - in his locker?) and snag it, without anybody being the wise.

Of course I could be wrong.  I recognize that.  Smiley Happy   But that's just the vibe I get from hearing the story.

Thank you my chicekbutt...nice to see you. Smiley Happy

There is more to this story, and I think Sir Brady has the answers. He wants sympathy because he couldnt play those few games in the beginning of the season. But who knows.