Honored Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

@cody2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, the theft of the shirt may be an important sports story. But the OP and a couple others seem to see this as some great symbol of the downfall of society. I think that is way overly dramatic, especially given the issues we are facing that could indeed have dire consequences.

This all just goes to show the difference in peoples perception of the same subject. I think many replies to the OP are overly dramatic. Firstly because she has a right to express her opinion on a subject others find silly and secondly because most of us can digest a little story like hers without losing sight of the really important things that are happening in the world. I see nothing wrong with a little light-hearted diversion.

@cody2, I think that I saw only one reply that might qualify as overly dramatic. Most of the replies seemed to indicate lack of interest or or that the poster didn't seem to think that it rose to the level indicated in the opening post, which was anything but light-hearted.

I agree that it's a worthy thread in and of itself, especially as a diversion from the serious stuff.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, the theft of the shirt may be an important sports story. But the OP and a couple others seem to see this as some great symbol of the downfall of society. I think that is way overly dramatic, especially given the issues we are facing that could indeed have dire consequences.

This all just goes to show the difference in peoples perception of the same subject. I think many replies to the OP are overly dramatic. Firstly because she has a right to express her opinion on a subject others find silly and secondly because most of us can digest a little story like hers without losing sight of the really important things that are happening in the world. I see nothing wrong with a little light-hearted diversion.

@cody2, I think that I saw only one reply that might qualify as overly dramatic. Most of the replies seemed to indicate lack of interest or or that the poster didn't seem to think that it rose to the level indicated in the opening post, which was anything but light-hearted.

I agree that it's a worthy thread in and of itself, especially as a diversion from the serious stuff.

@suzyQ3 we really only disagree on one small issue in your reply above. I am sensitive to new posters being challenged on such a benign subject. I see that she feels strongly about what she said. She asked for comments and I see nothing wrong with comments that don't agree with her. I draw the line when it becomes personal and suggests that she shouldn't feel strongly about or even BRING this subject to the boards. It bothers me when I see that happen. It can be hurtful to new posters. End of subject for me on this thread. I think we understand each other a little better now. No?
Esteemed Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 we really only disagree on one small issue in your reply above. I am sensitive to new posters being challenged on such a benign subject. I see that she feels strongly about what she said. She asked for comments and I see nothing wrong with comments that don't agree with her. I draw the line when it becomes personal and suggests that she shouldn't feel strongly about or even BRING this subject to the boards. It bothers me when I see that happen. It can be hurtful to new posters. End of subject for me on this thread. I think we understand each other a little better now. No?

@cody2

I really appreciate your comments.  I certainly don't feel my contribution to this subject matter could be construed as overly dramatic.  However, if anyone chooses to suggest that we not post about such trivialities given the issues our country is facing, I suggest their energies might better be devoted to affecting the change they so desire.  

Respected Contributor

I actually think what he did last year was the real crime and the punishment was a joke. A jersey...not so much.

A cheater is always a cheater. The magical comeback....

Respected Contributor

@Melania wrote:

I actually think what he did last year was the real crime and the punishment was a joke. A jersey...not so much.

A cheater is always a cheater. The magical comeback....

And so back on track of the O/T...I haven't convinced myself that deflate-gate actually happened. I have seen lots of evidence to the contrary. But I certainly don't deny the possibility. On the other hand, it took me a while to believe that OJ could have actually murdered his wife. It just didn't compute with the person he had always shown himself to be. I believe it now. And it makes me sad.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@SilleeMee  It's his game worn jersey from the Super Bowl. Those often go to the sport's hall of fame. Or he might have wanted to give it to his mother, who appears to be dealing with cancer. She's been ill for about 18 months, and the Super Bowl was the first game she was able to attend since then.

Yes!  It's not just a shirt.  It's a shirt with a lot of value, both monetary and sentimentally.  We don't know if he was going to auction it off or give it to his mom.  That's up to him.  The other thing I had in mind, was that he might want to pass it on to his children.  

Respected Contributor

I think it means quite a lot to Brady. Although I realize that he recognizes the relative insignificance of the jersey especially in light of his mother's most recent serious illness, it still is clear that it has great sentimental value in light of the historical significance of  his personal win. I read that it was stolen from the equipment manager who had it for safe-keeping.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

VaBelle35 wrcan't :

Wouldn't it be funny if a cleaning person threw it in with the other laundry/towels? 

If someone did take it and they can now come forward for their 15 minutes of fame and a photo op with Tom.

He had folded it, put it in a duffel, in his locker. Someone went out of their way to get it. 

If he can be believed, which he can't.  Next thing he will claim someone set fire to his pants. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

VaBelle35 wrcan't :

Wouldn't it be funny if a cleaning person threw it in with the other laundry/towels? 

If someone did take it and they can now come forward for their 15 minutes of fame and a photo op with Tom.

He had folded it, put it in a duffel, in his locker. Someone went out of their way to get it. 

If he can be believed, which he can't.  Next thing he will claim someone set fire to his pants. 

The Salem Witch Trials ended in the 1600's.  Time to put this issue to rest already!

Yes, there is video of Brady going back to his locker after being out on the field for the victory celebration.  He knew he had put his jersey away, safely (or so he thought) and he asked if anyone had seen it.  

of course the security in the stadium should be held responsible.  Im sure they're highly paid people.  If they failed to do their jobs, then the theft should be investigated. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

VaBelle35 wrcan't :

He is believed. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )