Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

@SilleeMee  It's his game worn jersey from the Super Bowl. Those often go to the sport's hall of fame. Or he might have wanted to give it to his mother, who appears to be dealing with cancer. She's been ill for about 18 months, and the Super Bowl was the first game she was able to attend since then.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I doubt Mr. Brady will miss his jersey. I wonder who instigated the search?

He does very much. It was extremely sentimental to him. 

Surely he must own more than one! I can't imagine that an athlete of his ranks owns only one.

It was reported today, that because of the magnitude of that Super Bowl and because it was his jersey, that it is most likely THE most valuable piece of NFL memorabilia - ever.  It's valued at perhaps half a million dollars. 

It's not just another shirt. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@SilleeMee  It's his game worn jersey from the Super Bowl. Those often go to the sport's hall of fame. Or he might have wanted to give it to his mother, who appears to be dealing with cancer. She's been ill for about 18 months, and the Super Bowl was the first game she was able to attend since then.

@Greeneyedlady21

Thank you and amen!

Spoiler

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

This is just as much news as Beyonce carrying twins. 

Or Kim's ring being stolen

Don't like it?  Move along, move along.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Happiness Is Inside JOB It looks like you are fairly new on the boards. Contrary to many replies you have gotten here...it is not a QVC rule that all posts here be of International Importance. I think it is an interesting story and and others have noted, there is not a lot of importance that CAN be discussed here anymore. It can and probably will be sold on the black market and sold to a buyer that has no qualms about the fact it is stolen. Then it will turn up somewhere and sold for a large amount of money. By the way, welcome to the boards. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw where the Texas Rangers (law enforcement agency)

was asked to help Houston Police...then this ensued:

Major Sports Giggle.

Spring training hasn't started so they have time on their hands. 

Hee

IMG_0808.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Saw where the Texas Rangers (law enforcement agency)

was asked to help Houston Police...then this ensued:

Major Sports Giggle.

Spring training hasn't started so they have time on their hands. 

Hee

IMG_0808.JPG

Haaaaaaaaa!!!!   Too funny!!!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Okay, the theft of the shirt may be an important sports story. But the OP and a couple others seem to see this as some great symbol of the downfall of society. I think that is way overly dramatic, especially given the issues we are facing that could indeed have dire consequences.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom When I told my husband the Texas Rangers were investigating, he said, "the baseball team?  Why?"  Lol. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, the theft of the shirt may be an important sports story. But the OP and a couple others seem to see this as some great symbol of the downfall of society. I think that is way overly dramatic, especially given the issues we are facing that could indeed have dire consequences.

This all just goes to show the difference in peoples perception of the same subject. I think many replies to the OP are overly dramatic. Firstly because she has a right to express her opinion on a subject others find silly and secondly because most of us can digest a little story like hers without losing sight of the really important things that are happening in the world. I see nothing wrong with a little light-hearted diversion.