Respected Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

Do you know what is sad?  Athletes often auction them off for charity.  The money could have went to help St Jude or some other organization. It's amazing to me that they dont have better security in the locker rooms. 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that with all of the wrongs that are perpetrated every day, I can't get excited about the loss of Brady's jersey. Sorry.

I think this is a symbol of all the wrongs that are perpetrated every day. Yes, in the world scheme of things it is a relatively small wrong. However, the teaching required for a child to grow up with great respect for the posessions of others (and respecting others) as well as teaching empathy, compassion and everything required for a well run and safe society begins the moment the child is brought home from the hospital.... 

As far as Brady's jersey.... it's so "known" now that this item was stolen (probably initially to put on eBay but now the thief can't).... the thief won't be able to sell it!!  Also I heard they put a an incredibly good group to look into the theft... good!

My problem with this whole story, is that it's a story at all.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Someone saw an opportunity and impulsively acted on it.  

I agree and at the time of the theft they probably didn't realize they wouldn't be able to get rid of it.... and I heard recently that the jersey is perportedly worth up to half a million dollars.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that with all of the wrongs that are perpetrated every day, I can't get excited about the loss of Brady's jersey. Sorry.

I think everyone who has a thought or comment about this jersey theft realize that the world has more serious issues to deal with -- including Mr. Brady.  That said, stealing is actually something where we shouldn't be arguing about where it falls in the big picture of the world.  It's criminally and morally wrong, and I don't think I'm alone in feeling this way.

Yes, @Trix.  I agree and may be one of the reasons this world has so many issues is that so many of the very basic, moral principles (like thou should not steal) are being forgotten

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Related image

Respected Contributor

Theft is a crime, and crime should be investigated. Theft over a certain figure is major, and should be punished.

That said, I have more pressing worries when it comes to the US and World news headlines this week.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Do you know what is sad?  Athletes often auction them off for charity.  The money could have went to help St Jude or some other organization. It's amazing to me that they dont have better security in the locker rooms. 

That's what I said, no video?  I mean I realize that inside the locker room they probably can't have surveillance, but they sure must know who came and went. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I doubt Mr. Brady will miss his jersey. I wonder who instigated the search?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I doubt Mr. Brady will miss his jersey. I wonder who instigated the search?

He does very much. It was extremely sentimental to him. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@GSPgirl

Great idea!  It's not too late!  Someone could "find" it and the proceeds of approximately a half million could still go to charity!