Honored Contributor

Re: Brad Pitt accused of child abuse

@Pearlee wrote:

Folks, how about posting some documentation when making statements, including the OP who started this thread.   "I heard" and "someone said" and "I thought I read"  just don't cut it. Posters who post that have little credibility, if any.  Why should I believe you?

Here's one of the report sources.  

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/22/brad-pitt-child-abuse-investigation/

Documentation is not required for a conversation here, I doubt anyone truly cares what their credibility status is here either.........

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

Hmm...I thought people were still allowed to have opinions here.

Some sources are rags...just saying.:smileylol:

@Melania

ITA ... this isn't a thesis here, with every comment needing to be "documented"!   lol    However, if something is a verifiable source, like a court document, a link can often prove interesting.

OTOH, If you're standing in line at the grocery store, you'll be bombarded by a multitude of "headlines" ...  and can't always remember the source hours or days later.  

Most of us read a lot of different things daily on the internet and often can't even remember which of the 43 sources said what.   Nor do most of us have the time to stop dead when they see something interesting and come to the boards to search for a specific thread so we can post it.  If we saw something on a TV news blurb, most people won't go running to their website to see if it's posted there.  

However .....    If you have that kind of free time, great, have at it.  

The only thing we can do is include sources when we are able to do so.   JMO

But @Tinkrbl44 the problem is that so many of people's interpretations of the facts or information is often wrong so it is helpful to actually have the article or documentation so we can read it ourselves rather than rely on someone's memory or interpretation. Memory and interpretation are often wrong or skewed. I've read NUMEROUS incorrect things on these forums over the years where people say "I heard..." or "I read at one time.." or "someone told me...". To me, spreading misinformation around as fact is just wrong and can be dangerous. This applies mainly to health stuff I've read on here. Some scary shiate I've read that is completely wrong but based on heresay and incorrect interpretation.

I think it is disturbing how people thrive on speculating on peoples' personal lives, especially when they base it on gossip, not based on facts. Like them or not, there ARE human beings on the end of those comments and it is hurtful and potentially harmful, especially to the children involved.

Opinions are one thing but to opine on someone's personal life shouldn't be a free for all. I am sure if people at work or your friends were talking about you and giving others an (incorrect and hurtful) opinion on how you are living your life and what you are doing it would bother you and make you angry, especially if your kids heard these things as well. How would your kids feel if someone told them that your husband (their dad)  had cheated on you and fathered another child with someone else, when it isn't even true? I can't even imagine!

Some people hide behind "opinons" and freedom of speech to justify their gossip and hurtful comments.

Honored Contributor

As long as there are humans walking the planet there will be gossip, it's human nature.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

As long as there are humans walking the planet there will be gossip, it's human nature.

ah that old excuse. We have free will and  can choose NOT to. It IS a choice, it is certainly not ingrained in our DNA.

As long as humans are walking the planet and think it is okay to gossip, then there will be gossp. That is actually closer to the truth than acting as if it is human nature and out of our control.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

ah that old excuse. We have free will and  can choose NOT to. It IS a choice, it is certainly not ingrained in our DNA.

As long as humans are walking the planet and think it is okay to gossip, then there will be gossp. That is actually closer to the truth than acting as if it is human nature and out of our control.

Ok, you can choose not to and others can do whatever they please.  You can't control what and whom people discuss.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always chuckle when someone wants "documentation"! Like it's a physics experiment!

Reality Check: we are posting on a Shopping Channel Forum! Having an opinion is permitted! I am not gathering facts at QVC!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze

I don't dispute anything you said ...... but this is a shopping channel message board and I SERIOUSLY doubt either Brad or Angie will read anyone's comments here and have their feelings hurt.

There is malicious gossip and there is harmless gossip, and human beings sometimes get caught up in the nonsense.    With all the kwap going on in the world, it's an escape for a few minutes.  People like to throw in their two cents on the subject and be part of the conversation.   Hopefully, they can side step the malicious gibberish.

Having said that ......  It's always helpful to cite sources whenever possible.  JMO

Honored Contributor

If it was on a plane there should be witnesses, private or not.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Something being human nature does not mean it's out of our control, and to my knowledge, no one said it is.

Many things of human nature are controlled on a daily basis.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Really good article today on The Daily Beast "How Angie Works The Press"  basically says she knows what she is doing since the first photos were released with her, Brad and her son on the beach one month after he left Jen.  My impression is he knows the game well since they played together now they are in opposing corners. 

@beckyb1012

They also have publicity people who can coordinate "photo opportunities" anywhere at any time .... and most celebs know all too well how to work the press. Some do a better job than others.   Also, Angie came from two parents who were actors, after all.

BTW, do you have a link to that story?