Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

I know that Breyer's still makes some ice cream, but one must read the label carefully. Most of their stuff doesn't even qualify as ice cream. I made the mistake of picking some up on sale, got it home and saw that it was "frozen dessert". It was awful.

@FLgardener

What flavor of frozen dessert did you pick up?

Honored Contributor

Here's another article about Breyer's converting their ice cream to frozen desert.  http://www.mouseprint.org/2013/01/21/breyers-converts-ice-creams-to-frozen-dairy-desserts/

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

@FLG YOU'RE WRONG. THEY MAKE ICE CREAM.

@italia8140--Please read more thoroughly before you start your yammering.

Well, it's been fun, but I'm off to garden. We can do that this time of year in Florida. It's a beautiful day.

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

Blue Bell ice cream is the only ice cream I will eat.  It's the creme de la creme of ice cream.  Yum!

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I was looking at Breyer's the other day and noticed that most of the flavors are now called "frozen desert."  I was very surprised but didn't buy it.

Thanks for your post supporting @FLgardener's experience about the ice cream vs frozen dessert.    Giggle how a particular poster has their heels SO dug in they can't see the forest for the trees.   

I thought my post #32 explained everything.  

I dumbed it down the best I could.

Can't get any lower or dumber than that.  

Obviously it does get dumber.  

Sorry, can't help 'ya there. Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@FLgardener wrote:

I hope Blue Bell makes a successful comeback. It is good ice cream. I hope it still comes in a full half gallon. I prefer to buy a half gallon. 

We have been eating Publix frozen yogurt, which is quite good.

I know that Breyer's still makes some ice cream, but one must read the label carefully. Most of their stuff doesn't even qualify as ice cream. I made the mistake of picking some up on sale, got it home and saw that it was "frozen dessert". It was awful.

I have eaten Breyer's ice cream for ages. Breyers makes many ice cream flavors that they carry at all the stores around me, I have never seen a "frozen dessert" container.

It's NOT a frozen dessert. It's ice cream.

@italia8140, WRONG!

As stated, there are many ICE CREAM flavors of Breyers, I have not  purchased a "frozen dessert".  I read the labels.

Honored Contributor

Would it be accurate to say that this is turning into a food fight?

I think you should all pipe down and go get yourselves a personal pint and a spoon.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Would it be accurate to say that this is turning into a food fight?

I think you should all pipe down and go get yourselves a personal pint and a spoon.

Hahaha, great idea!! 

Honored Contributor

I challenge you to a duel!

Blue Bell

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I challenge you to a duel!

Blue Bell

OK, but I want a different brand!!