Trusted Contributor

Re: Best Present Ever!!! My biological daughter called me after 46 years!!!

I personally believe your choice was more difficult. I have reconciled my decision and am at peace. We all need to understand grace, unmerited favor. We all live under grace. You did receive the best gift. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy for you I have tears in my eyes.  I'm around your age and I remember those "homes."  Something right out of Dickens, thank goodness our society has changed attitudes for the most part. 

Valued Contributor

What a great story!  I wish the best for both of you!

Super Contributor

@Firefly3 wrote:

Vickie, you are one one of the Fortunate Ones ! So happy for you.

@After my Adoptive Mom  & Dad died (in the 1980s), my Adoptive records were left for me, by my Dad. My Hubby did an extensive search, based on her name, and he located/called her in 2005. She called him back @ his work #, and had a brief convo with him. She denied being my Birth Mom -- and she had 2 other children that apparently she didn't want me (her firstborn) to meet. 

I had to respect her rejection of me....my Bio-Dad was in his 60s (with a grown Family)  when I was conceived, and she was 22.  So, I keep SMH about that New Years Party...OYYYY! I'm sure that he passed along time ago.

She has since passed, and I do not wish to open any avenues with my half/siblings with them, since they are probably unaware of their Mom's giving birth to me. They have their memories....I don't (since I was in Foster Care) until I was 15 months old, but my Adoptive Family (and my 2 Adoptive Brothers) made me feel secure and loved.

Trusted Contributor

@maryebrown wrote:

@Firefly3 wrote:

Vickie, you are one one of the Fortunate Ones ! So happy for you.

@After my Adoptive Mom  & Dad died (in the 1980s), my Adoptive records were left for me, by my Dad. My Hubby did an extensive search, based on her name, and he located/called her in 2005. She called him back @ his work #, and had a brief convo with him. She denied being my Birth Mom -- and she had 2 other children that apparently she didn't want me (her firstborn) to meet. 

I had to respect her rejection of me....my Bio-Dad was in his 60s (with a grown Family)  when I was conceived, and she was 22.  So, I keep SMH about that New Years Party...OYYYY! I'm sure that he passed along time ago.

She has since passed, and I do not wish to open any avenues with my half/siblings with them, since they are probably unaware of their Mom's giving birth to me. They have their memories....I don't (since I was in Foster Care) until I was 15 months old, but my Adoptive Family (and my 2 Adoptive Brothers) made me feel secure and loved.

@maryebrown ... I am so sorry your birth mother denied or admitted that you were her daughter.  It sounds like your adopted parents were able to show and give the love you deserve.Heart

Respected Contributor

Oh my Vicki. thanks for the wonderful update.

I am so glad you were finally able to have a second child and now this wonderful news.

Hugs, prayers and best wishes to you..! I love reading this kind of thread.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP,  What a wonderful Christmas Eve for you!  I'm sorry you found yourself in that position in the 60s.  I greatly admire you for putting the interests of your child above your own.  What a selfless act!  I'm sure your daughter is wise enough to understand that!  I wish you and your daughter the best, moving forward!  Hugs!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Were some long posts deleted??