Honored Contributor

If you didn't see it, Emma Stone did a short interview after it was over saying while the on-stage fiasco was happening, she had possession of the card announcing her win.

Honored Contributor

I believe they do give the card to the winner. Clearly Warren thought something was amiss with the card. Thats why he delayed and showed it to Faye Dunaway. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah what a mess, but mistakes happen. I was cheering b.c that was DH and my favorite movie of the year..lol. PS) See my thread I won (the bet on the Oscars), then they said its a mistake and I was like WHAT?!?! I was also feeling bad b.c Emma won and Ryan didnt. Well then neither did the film. But anyway, we didnt get to see Moonlight yet, so I cant speak on how good it is sooo.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

If you need glasses to read, please put them on. I have my glasses on now. Geez the La La Land people got all the way on stage holding the oscars. I feel bad for Moonlight because by the time they got up there it seemed the thrill was gone.

Honored Contributor

Hopefully it will be straightened out tonight and we'll know what happened by tomorrow. 

Respected Contributor

How did the wrong card get into Beatty's hands?  They robbed Moonlight of their moment and embarrassed and humiliated La La Land.  I'm sure Dunaway and Beatty feel awful about the mistake.

What a let down for the actors involved, and for everyone who watched.😨

Honored Contributor

LIVE:

Just saw Jimmy Kimmel say he saw the card given to Warren and it said, "Emma Stone, La La Land."  Just as Warren Beatty told us all.

Honored Contributor

I just looked at the video of what transpired with Beatty and Dunaway. My mistake.  I originally thought he announced the name of the Best Picture recipient; it was Dunaway who did.  Beatty appears totally baffled when he first looks at the card, and then he hands it to Dunaway to read.  She just zooms right in on "La La Land," and seems okay saying it.

How did THAT card get to them?  Did some mischief-maker do this on purpose to mess up the biggest annual Hollywood moment?  I don't put anything past anyone.

Respected Contributor

Seems that Warren did see Emma Stone (but best actress) card. Someone behind the scene gave Warren Emma's best actress card instead of best picture card. I always thought those award cards were sealed & in a vault. What happened to Faye? She flew off the stage fast. Warren did stay & try to straighten it out.

Esteemed Contributor

The picture that should have won was HACKSAW RIDGE.  True story, very good. The actor has a British accent in real life, but a southern drawl in the film.  Shows what the Greatest Generation era went through in WW 11.  Today a conscious objector would not be treated like this man was, but he saved about 75 solders on both sides in one day.  He did receive a medal.  Great movie. Mel Gibson didn,t expect to win, just happy it was nominated.