Respected Contributor

My fave quote " Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

You never know what is going on in someone's life.  Everyone has something.  

Respected Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

I think Dana Bledsoe was very brave  to tell her story. I wish her only the best and pray that she is able to have many more years with her family and QVC. 

***  Rose ...  agree.  Very moving and heartfelt.  She's had to deal with so much, and puts on a very brave face.   I wish her the best. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Stage 4 cancer. Breast cancer 6 years ago. Now in spine.  

Oh, no! Thank you for passing that on. I wish her all the best.

Honored Contributor

I saw Dana last night, and cried all over again, I saw her speaking with Lisa Robertson on her Facebook page, it was an hour long, and Dana was very open, but very very positive with regards to the cancer coming back.Apparently, Dana and Lisa are very good friends....She is so brave,I wish her the very best....

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @PhilaLady1.  Not everybody is familiar with everybody.  (:

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

Anyone who has been touched by cancer knows it is pure hell. My husband in his early 40 got Non Hodgkins stage 4. He has been in remission but that journey was awful. 

That is a tough journey.  A very close friend of mine just passed the 10 year point of also being diagnosed with stage 4 of this disease.  She's been on a number of drugs that have kept her in remission, but not without side effects.  

My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkins in 1990.  She reached the 5 year mark of being in remission and then was diagnosed with non Hodgkins and passed only 4 months later. 

Congrats to those who have beat this horrible disease.

Honored Contributor

I knew Dana's cancer had returned but I didn't know where.

I have a relative who has been battling BC for 10+ years. They are basically chasing it all over her body.  Her's is also in her spine.  It is heartbreaking.

A friend of mine has a daughter who had a brain tumor that metasticized (sp?) to her spine and that was over 12 years ago. She is doing wonderfully and at that time, it didn't seem very hopeful, so you never know what is in store for you.  I wish Dana and everyone suffering nothing but the best.     

Honored Contributor

If I understand Dana correctly she has refused to take chemo this time because of the side effects. I think she is using diet and meditation as treatment. I wish her well, and my heart goes out to her. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will pray for her, surely.  I lost a year friend a few years ago to cancer.  It started with breast cancer, and it was caught early and thought cured.  Cancer reared its ugly head about two years later in her ovaries.  Because ovarian cancer is so difficult to detect, it was too far along.  She was so brave, grounded in her faith, and fought so hard to live.  I hope, and also pray, that this horrible disease will be eradicated.

Honored Contributor

Stage 4 cancer is a concern but not a death sentence, thank the Lord.  My mom had stage 4 cervical cancer and passed away within 6 months at 81 y.o.  My husband had stage 4 prostate cancer at 66 and is said to be cancer free now because of surgical removal.  He had other issues resulting from the surgery but the main problem was taken care of.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)