Respected Contributor

Back to School Fashions for Toni

IMGP0877.JPGIMGP0852.JPG  My Toni girls are back to model Back to School Fashions. When I made Toni's dresses to sell on line years ago, I tried to buy cotton, organdy and dotted Swiss fabrics that would have been authentic for the 1950's Toni Doll.

Some of the fabrics are actually vintage fabrics, as are the ric rac trims and lace that I used for the attached slips.

The first dress with solid yellow

bodice and and gray, yellow and pink print is actually a fabric from the 1950's.

The second dress has a tiny print in blue, for the bodice and a blue skirt trimmed with yellow ric rac in the popular 50's style.Toni is carrying her brown book bag.

The third dress is in a retro style cotton print in cocoa brown, pink and mint green. I made the mint green piping for the trim on sleeves and at the waist. She is also carrying her book bag.

The last dress is in an apple print cotton with a red bodice and red ric rac trim. She has a fresh picked apple from a local orchard.IMGP0835.JPGIMGP0786.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Back to School Fashions for Toni

Beautiful workmanship   or woman's workmanship!  My mom and a sewing machine could do magic also.

However she hated to make me doll clothes.  Once said she would rather make a man's suit (or equivalent) to making fussy little tiny doll size. LOL

Respected Contributor

Toni's dresses are lovely. You do a beautiful job creating her clothes.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @fthunt . When my three girls were young, I made most of their dresses, some coats, jackets and capes and dance costumes.

I even made a Nehru jacket for my husband, back in the 60's.

For the girls, I made some Barbie clothes. Larger things are easier to work on.

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee  Thank you very much. I always loved to sew.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff @Fantastic!

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff   You are so talented.  I enjoyed looking at Toni's vintage style especially the ric rack and the cute little briefcase bags. The craftsmanship is evident.  Thanks for the share.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd @Franklinbell  Thank you very much.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff   Your work is absolutely beautiful.  You are very talented.

I think most of the time I took sewing for Home Ec was spent ripping out incorrect stitches.

I was very, very bad.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff.  You and Toni have been having way too much fun.  The new additions to her wardrobe are lovely.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment