Honored Contributor

Ceiling fan, @Noel7. Not my ideal, but at least it's something. And at least we get some cross-ventilation. About ready to turn on the fan now!

The fire has doubled in size (at least) but hopefully they'll be able to do a lot more drops today.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Noel7

Ugh....we just broke that crazy heat here on the East coast on Friday.  It hit 87 and then dropped back to normal September temps on Saturday (the high on Saturday was around 74 with low humidity).

I think we are now past those high 80 degree days.  It's been a long, hot summer, for sure.  Glad fall is here.

Sorry to hear about the fires in Cali.  Hope they are under control. 

Hi @Qshopper1991

It's good to hear from the East Coast.

I read the other day that weather is changing in your area and has been getting hotter in summer as a result of climate change.

I haven't seen it mentioned but I think that's true for us, too.

Honored Contributor

Re: BAY AREA Heatwave

[ Edited ]

Oh ARGH, @momtochloe!

I feel your pain. Once upon a time I was a flea magnet. If there was one within 50 miles it would find me. And this in the days before they had all the very effective ways to eliminate them. I used to get bites the size of a quarter. For whatever reason, my blood chemistry has apparently changed and that no longer happens. Whew!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Oh ARGH, @momtochloe!

I feel your pain. Once upon a time I was a flea magnet. If there was one within 50 miles it would find me. And this in the days before they had all the very effective ways to eliminate them. I used to get bites the size of a quarter. For whatever reason, my blood chemistry has apparently changed and that no longer happens. Whew!

@Moonchilde any chance I could talk you into a quick blood transfusion as I think I could use a bit of that chemistry! . . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh SURE, @momtochloe - I LOOOVE needles! 😫😖

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Ceiling fan, @Noel7. Not my ideal, but at least it's something. And at least we get some cross-ventilation. About ready to turn on the fan now!

The fire has doubled in size (at least) but hopefully they'll be able to do a lot more drops today.

@Moonchilde

Oh, not good news. 

DD gave me a small fan, only $10. I think it was from Target, for use on the computer desk. 

Why doesn't someone invent a cooling bed blanket?

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde

Oh, not good news. 

DD gave me a small fan, only $10. I think it was from Target, for use on the computer desk. 

@Noel7 I think they do have cooling gel pads - not sure about whole bed size but I used to have smaller ones. I know they have cooling pillows. Now that I think of it, those pads I had would have been great last night. I had to ditch so many things when I moved :-( They were heavy though, and took up space. But they did cool nicely.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde

Oh, not good news. 

@Noel7 I think they do have cooling gel pads - not sure about whole bed size but I used to have smaller ones. I know they have cooling pillows. Now that I think of it, those pads I had would have been great last night. I had to ditch so many things when I moved :-( They were heavy though, and took up space. But they did cool nicely.

@Moonchilde

Do you mean the ones they have for hospitals?  Heavy, aren't they?  There has to be some way to make something like an electric blanket to cool people.

Esteemed Contributor

Currently 65 degrees here ...  it's glorious!!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because a retail link was added.