Honored Contributor

Here in the desert it was 72° today and in the 40s overnight. Feels wonderful after the hot summer we had.

The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta starts Saturday and it's always cold out on the field at dawn.  Warms up by late morning but everyone bundles up for the morning ascension. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: BAY AREA Heatwave

[ Edited ]

@Noel7, 100 degrees at my house today, when it rarely topped 70 June through August. Ugh.

I went to Watsonville today and it was 105 according to my car. A/C full blast. I would have seen the fire, but I was consistently driving/looking south, so didn't see it until I got home, on FB. It's burning very near the campgrounds my niece & her DH use all the time so they have been paying close attention. Not near the house, about 45 min. north.

It was 90 degrees today in a spot along the coast where the usual is 55, and 90 degrees yesterday in Pacific Grove. 4-5 blocks from the water.

It just takes the stuffing right out of ya. Will probably take a cool/tepid shower before I attempt to sleep later. BBQ for dinner.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Here in the desert it was 72° today and in the 40s overnight. Feels wonderful after the hot summer we had.

The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta starts Saturday and it's always cold out on the field at dawn.  Warms up by late morning but everyone bundles up for the morning ascension. 

@Kachina624 that must be such a gorgeous sight, and a thrilling thing to be part of. Lucky you!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

PLEASE keep it there @Noel7!
we are finally having upper 60s and low 70s!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Indian Summer hits with a wallop.

89 degrees yesterday, 91 now. 

Multiple fires are burning around northern CA.

Smiley Sad

It's hot here too in the Los Angeles area.  I sometimes wonder with all the fires, will there be anything left. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Here is Clayton/Walnut Creek CA and it was too hot for my 5 mile run tonight Smiley Sad

Deb

Trusted Contributor

104 in Ventura County today - set a record. What's up with that?

Respected Contributor

Hi, Noel,  I guess im in the minority here in silicon valley, I love the heat and Indian Summer and I get a little sad when it officially ends.  So Im just gonna enjoy the time left.

I do hope the fires get contained soon and nobody is hurt or injured.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I usually do some type of outside exercise everyday.  Or I do yard chores.  Could not do that today. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7, 100 degrees at my house today, when it rarely topped 70 June through August. Ugh.

I went to Watsonville today and it was 105 according to my car. A/C full blast. I would have seen the fire, but I was consistently driving/looking south, so didn't see it until I got home, on FB. It's burning very near the campgrounds my niece & her DH use all the time so they have been paying close attention. Not near the house, about 45 min. north.

It was 90 degrees today in a spot along the coast where the usual is 55, and 90 degrees yesterday in Pacific Grove. 4-5 blocks from the water.

It just takes the stuffing right out of ya. Will probably take a cool/tepid shower before I attempt to sleep later. BBQ for dinner.

@Moonchilde

It sounds like your area and mine have been pretty much the same for two days, awful.  We still have the big industrial-type fan on.  For the first time ever one of the cats is hanging out in front of the fan.