Esteemed Contributor

Are you comfortable posting a picture of yourself?

Just curious.  I see some posts where actual self pictures are posted.  I have never done this and am not sure if it would be in my comfort  zone.  I also use the pictures of my KIDS Buttercup and Bailey (Chihuahuas) to identify myself.  I have noticed that others use themselves.  There was a wedding dress post and I thought about posting mine with me in it but decided perhaps not.  Mixed feelings.  Safety, no need to know, etc.  Any comments on this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you comfortable posting a picture of yourself?

I don't think it's a good idea.  I prefer to preserve my privacy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No way. There's NOj privacy on the internet.

My DS and DIL from Day 1 have never posted any pics of them or their kids. ITA with that. I think it's foolish for people to post their kids' photos on the world wide web.

Valued Contributor

I enjoy my anonymity too much to post a pic of myself. That doesn’t mean that I have a cover in order to be mean, trollish (is that even a word?)😉 or bullying. I try to be kind, and I always act the same online as I do in person. 

Valued Contributor

If I post a photo at all, it's of one or more of my pets, and I don't say if the photo is resent or many years old. The pet in the photo may be one that has passed years ago. I also don't give theri name. I wouldn't post a photo of a child or any living person. I have posted my late Grandmother's photo on her birthday, and the same with my late Mother's photo. But, I won't post a living person's photo.I just feel you can't be too careful.

Esteemed Contributor

no.  I'm anonymous everywhere on line.  My family doesn't even know my online names or where I post..

I' want to be opposite of the song from "Cheers" ...".where everybody knows your name".

Respected Contributor

Absolutely not. My privacy and personal security are very important to me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea.  I prefer to preserve my privacy.

Absoutely.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem posting my photo.  There's a long thread on the fashion forum where the ladies post pictures of themselves on what they are wearing for the day.  I really enjoy that thread! 

Esteemed Contributor

Actually I don't like posting my furbabies picture either .I have heard lots of dog nappers look for pictures  or are attracted by a furbaby picture and will  go to any legnths to steal it for ransom or any other reason.