Respected Contributor

Re: Are there foods you just can't force yourself to like?

spam and processed cheese!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like Indian food - it's the combination of spices that turns me off 

I love almost all vegetables   Good Mexican food isn't slathered with sour cream and melted cheese.   I like Chinese food, but it's almost always too salty for me.  

I love fish. The smell doesn't bother me.  

I would never eat liver or any type of organ meat.   I don't like smoothies or milk shakes.  I think it's the texture that bothers me. 

Basically I love fresh, simple foods - lots of good veggies and salads    I'm Italian and I love a good bowl of pasta.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Beets!  When I was a child, my mother would take me to visit my aunt once or twice a month, and this aunt was the best baker ever!  But her rule was you have to clean your plate before you eat dessert, and I can't begin to count the number of times I choked down the dreaded beets to get the dessert. 

No beets for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Vegetables that I cannot stand are kale, cabbage and brussel sprouts.

I don't care how you dress them up, they are just repulsive.

Honored Contributor

Boiled celery root (celeriac) with bacon, onion and vinegar dressing.    It is disgusting.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Lucky charm wrote:

I always hated eggs SO MUCH---I wouldn't eat a cookie, a brownie or a piece of cake---because it had eggs IN IT.  Crazy--huh?

Lobster was my go to whenever we dined out, it was also my downfall.  At a birthday dinner, years ago, I realized that what I ordered was ALIVE when I was being seated.

So nothing loses it's life for me any more.  (Or is *squeezed* out, either.)

I sure hear ya about the eggs!  BUT, I can do baked goods.  There ARE rules, though.  (of course there are rules - it's me!)  hehe

I can only use the eggs, for whatever purpose in which they disappear into the dish, if I remove that gross white thing from them first.   Then I hurry up and get the ingredients incorporated as quickly as possible to make them go away.  Smiley Happy   Plus I will never taste a batter or dough when it's raw, because of the eggs.

Honored Contributor

No, but there are many I won't eat. Meat/Fish and Fowl top my list. Love low fat Mexican/Italian/most veggies and the same with fruits.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Can't think of any at the moment, that's why I'm working to lose weight.

Honored Contributor

anything pumpkin, yogurt, milk and the list goes on.  I'm a picky eater.  I think I got it from my father.

Valued Contributor

Mushrooms.  A few years ago, I would've answered mushrooms and raisins, but I have been able to overcome my aversion to raisins.