Honored Contributor

Are there foods you just can't force yourself to like?

I don't like many vegetables nor Mexican food. Taco salad gives me the shivvers. It just too much of a concoction for me. I don't like things loaded with cheese and  chili and sour cream

I do like Chinese and Indian food, but

I don't like vegetable curries. I just can't seem to develope a palate for some foods

I don't object to some food mixtures, but not the kitchen sink type. My daughter and husband are the same way. MY son not so much.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are there foods you just can't force yourself to like?

Salmon!  I just can't get past the smell.

Esteemed Contributor

Liver makes me gag!!  Cannot eat eggs anymore...ick!!  The smell of raw onions makes me leave the room!!

Respected Contributor

Green olives. Too salty and I don't care for the pimento in the middle. 

Honored Contributor

I grew up in a multi ethnic community in the northeast.  I learned to love all food.   I've tried almost everything.  I live in the south now, lots of good Mexican food, but there are other options as well.    Including a really good home-made hamburger, which is probably my all time favorite!   With fries, of course.

@cherry wrote:

I don't like many vegetables nor Mexican food. Taco salad gives me the shivvers. It just too much of a concoction for me. I don't like things loaded with cheese and  chili and sour cream

I do like Chinese and Indian food, but

I don't like vegetable curries. I just can't seem to develope a palate for some foods

I don't object to some food mixtures, but not the kitchen sink type. My daughter and husband are the same way. MY son not so much.

Honored Contributor

I have never been able to eat eggs .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Okra, brussel sprouts, unusual fish, wild game, oysters, anything slimy!

Honored Contributor

There are a few other things across the categories, but my basic list is - eggs, milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, and yogurt.  All GROSS!

But, the grossest thing on the planet is egg salad.  (probably partially because it combines two of THE grosses things on my list - eggs and mayo)

I've said this before and I do believe it to be true - I would rather eat live maggots.   If you come anywhere near me with that I am vomiting within 10 seconds.  Just thinking about is making me queasy.  Seriously.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people will eat anything. Shudder.

Honored Contributor

I always hated eggs SO MUCH---I wouldn't eat a cookie, a brownie or a piece of cake---because it had eggs IN IT.  Crazy--huh?

Lobster was my go to whenever we dined out, it was also my downfall.  At a birthday dinner, years ago, I realized that what I ordered was ALIVE when I was being seated.

So nothing loses it's life for me any more.  (Or is *squeezed* out, either.)