Honored Contributor

Re: Are most of you from the East?

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Originally from Queens County and Long Island, New York.  Moved to the San Fernando Valley, CA in 1965 and stayed for 40 years.  Moved to Arizona in 2005,  big mistake.  Love and miss CA but can't go back

Yeah......tell me......I lived in Santa Monica for 25 years........now a one-bedroom condo in my old neighborhood goes for $1 Million..........I'm stuck in Phoenix...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

desertDi...I'm stuck in Queen Creek, big difference from Los Angeles.  Never should have listened to my daughter.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

I've really enjoyed reading all your locations. Fun, too to read the descriptions and how you all (mostly) love living where you ar
Jeri
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy reading all the states represented. I am not a traveler, but I would love to go to some states, probably more if I knew more about them.

What is the difference between "Midwest" and "upper Midwest"? Why is not all the "Midwest". I don't even know what states are which!

I would like to visit Virginia and Kentucky, Tennessee maybe. My brother is in New Mexico, but I have never been there. He seems to love it there.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

desertDi...I'm stuck in Queen Creek, big difference from Los Angeles.  Never should have listened to my daughter.

I'm sorry you feel stuck in Queen Creek, @Lindsays Grandma.  Can you move to a different area of AZ or back to CA?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Born and raised Californian here.  My Dad's side goes back to before California was state.  They received a  Spanish land grant, the land later became known as San Juan Capistrano.  My Mom was born in California, her parents came from another country.

I love California, warts and all.  I love the beauty,what it has to offer and I love the people... it is just so darn beautiful.  It has everything for me.  I go 30 minutes to the ocean, the nearest lake is 20 minutes.  We are a couple hours from the snow, and the mountains surround us. In one city you can have Mexican food, Ethiopian, Greek, Russian,German, Korean, Vietnamese, food. Dream it, we have the cuisine. I could go on.  I love the diversity, and the care California puts into its' environment.  JMHO...others may argue that point.   The weather isn't as good as it once was the last 5 years.  Hoping for a good El NIno.  The work here is good, and pays well...it is expensive to live admittedly..  We have had opportunities to transfer to a few states with our same salary.  We could be living in a mansion with servants in those states, but we never wanted to leave here.  It is not for everyone I admit, and it can be hard for some. But that is true everywhere I think.

I have been all over this country, and every state has its beauty and wonder.I  LOVE visiting other states.   But California is home to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Midwest here.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

MICHIGAN.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma, I wondered about that. I have to say, I did learn from a job I once had, in regards to parents moving to live by their children, turns out, it's not necessarily a good move when these women look back. One woman went so far as to say, she bought a house down the same street from where she had lived, before that move. Another woman, said, once she got moved all her dreams of being able to spend more time with her daughter and grandkids didn't happen. Instead, she'd left all her friends and never sees her daughter or the grandkids much. I learned a lot in that area. I hope your situation is better.

Honored Contributor

@gabstoommuch, come visit MI. I think it's beautiful here and has 4 seasons. 2-3 some years. LOL