Honored Contributor

Re: Are most of you from the East?

There are a lot of shows that reference the DC area (a few miles from me).

But I love it when Criminal Minds (which is in DC and actually in Va as is the CIA, etc) mentions actual roads I go up and down all of the time.

I get a kick out of times shows make up roads that aren't in the area or in DC or they are supposedly going up and down a fake street.

Honored Contributor

Born, raised and lived in Southern California until five years ago..... moved up to the Mid-West and haven't looked back.  Best move we've ever made ....   love it here!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

East of the Mississippi, yes! Born in the Midwest and transplanted in NYC.

Trusted Contributor

Southern California

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@sylviahomeatlast wrote:
I 've loved in the West or South my entire life.
I'm simply curious
Smiley Happy

@sylviahomeatlast, I giggled when I read your sentence. My first thought was, "Gee, I wonder which area has the better men? West lovers or Southern lovers?"

I grew up in the Bay Area of Northern California, but I've been in the upper Midwest for the past 30 years. 

@MaggieMack

To answer your question:  southern men who go west.  Horace Greeley advised young men to go west.  Those of us who love in Colorado know there's a city named after him here.

smiles

Honored Contributor

Own four homes along the Atlantic coast from Carolina to the Jersey shore.

We (my brother and sisters) have a family home inland that we had custom built for our parents.  It's one floor living for them, but overall 4400 sq. ft.  We can use it for a safe haven in the event of hurricane evacuations.

My father just inherited a beautiful home from his step mother in Indian Wells, CA.  I'm seriously thinking of buying it for us and our children to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Born and rasied and lived for many years in NJ but 37 years ago we moved to NH.  Best move we ever made.  Love it here! 

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin  My youngest (35) year old daughter is single, no children and lives in Colorado.  She moved there 3 years ago after living in Va all of her life.  She is so happy it's beyond words.  I have visited her (she's in Denver) and I agree with her, it's wonderful in Denver.

The people are so full of life, get out and enjoy their lives.  The city is clean and I didn't see a lot of pot smoking junkies when I was there.  I love all of the young people there (they remind you to live life). There are many modes of transportation (some free).

She skis or fishes or hikes every single weekend.  She is never home.  She works for a small tech company that pays her by the hour so she can work hard and take off Fridays or Mondays and get a good paycheck.  

I just love Denver and were it not for the cold weather (I'm old) I'd buy her a house and live there with her.  You have good taste.  Ha!!

Honored Contributor

Virginia, right outside of DC...

South, east, take your pick...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Born and raised in Buffalo, New York.

Now I live in Los Angeles.