Respected Contributor

Re: Are You a MINDFUL Person?

@Cakers3 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Yes, I try to be.  I volunteer with a mental health group - beind mindful is an exercise we do.

Personally, I need to work on #2.  Smiley Happy

@bri20  Kudos for your volunteer work.

Mindfulness programs are used in prisons, schools,  stress management programs,  in training for doctors/nurse/health professionals, and with people dealing with illnesses such as cancer, MS, etc. and pain management.  Just some examples.

And it isn't just being "meditative", either.  Washing the dishes can be a mindful experience.

Very true, @Cakers3.

You can be mindful sitting at a stop light.  People might have more patience in traffic.  LOL

I think it's important to not always rush through life.  Take a moment and savor the silence of your thoughts...

Honored Contributor

Not according to this list.  But I have been accused of being mindless.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Yes, I try to be.  I volunteer with a mental health group - beind mindful is an exercise we do.

Personally, I need to work on #2.  Smiley Happy

@bri20  Kudos for your volunteer work.

Mindfulness programs are used in prisons, schools,  stress management programs,  in training for doctors/nurse/health professionals, and with people dealing with illnesses such as cancer, MS, etc. and pain management.  Just some examples.

And it isn't just being "meditative", either.  Washing the dishes can be a mindful experience.

Very true, @Cakers3.

You can be mindful sitting at a stop light.  People might have more patience in traffic.  LOL

I think it's important to not always rush through life.  Take a moment and savor the silence of your thoughts...

@bri20

"When  I'm hungry, I eat.  When I'm tired I sleep"-paying attention to what our bodies say in the moment.

The time honored "chop wood carry water".  Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water. After enlightenment,  chop wood carry water.

Life goes on but our awareness of the present moment changes forever.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

NO.    I follow my intuition.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

If I am mindful what are the benefits? I was just thinking that as I was reading and started to wonder...is that mindful?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

If I am mindful what are the benefits? I was just thinking that as I was reading and started to wonder...is that mindful?

I would think so :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex wrote:

Exactly, what is the point?

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't answer yes to everything and make no apologies.  A couple of the points I didn't feel were necessarily important.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I couldn't answer yes to everything and make no apologies.  A couple of the points I didn't feel were necessarily important.

Welll...that's okay. It's not a quiz you'll be graded on or granted a degree from.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm often laughing at myself; I do one thing at a time (I dislike being 'rushed'); and (Wait, I have to go back and look at the list, lol).............I'm back: I slow down when I'm (not very often at all) running late; I'm a very good listener (not a great talker); I'm curious; I'm glad to find that I'm sometimes wrong.  In fact, I'm forever wishing that I'm wrong about certain things.  Oh, and I often do change my mind re: my viewpoints. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).