Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Ever Overly Sensitive To Poster Replies

I ignore super negative and I don't intentionally read any of their posts, but some things are just over the top.

Honored Contributor

No, about the time I turned 40 I stopped giving or allowing anyone any power over me.  Having my feelings hurt or being to sensitive is giving away my power to someone else. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, ECBG!  You're welcome to it.  I just made it up at that very moment because that's how it came to mind as I was thinking about this subject.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt, You are always lovely and I enjoy reading your calmness in the midst of a tempest!

Honored Contributor

I will admit that I have to restrain myself and not reply when something someone says rubs me the wrong way. It is not so much if it is directed at me, but women as a whole. Some people on this board are merciless when it comes to jug ins women with ambition and who are successful. They will defend to the death a stupid outfit that a host wears, but tear apart a woman with a healthy ego. I have never heard a man say " who does he think he is". Women say it all of the time here, or words to that affect. Rant over.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Thanks, E!  I sincerely appreciate that.  I try to not only just be me (good grief, I don't think I could even handle trying to be anybody else! hehe), but try to keep calm.  Anxiety has actually become a big problem for me of late so as much as I can be calm, that's better.

Plus, I'm a 'thinker'...Always thinking and figuring things out.  I'm the one who wants to fix everything.  Sometimes I run into problems here because I might say something that is perceived as negative critique when, truly and honestly, it's just me trying to help!   

Anyhoo, happy happy day!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I'm sensitive, and sometimes (rarely) replies to my posts bother me.  If I respond to that person at all, I make sure I don't do it argumentively.

@NickNack, You are always kind in everyone of your posts that I have seen!

Thank you @ECBG.  Smiley Happy

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, E!  I sincerely appreciate that.  I try to not only just be me (good grief, I don't think I could even handle trying to be anybody else! hehe), but try to keep calm.  Anxiety has actually become a big problem for me of late so as much as I can be calm, that's better.

Plus, I'm a 'thinker'...Always thinking and figuring things out.  I'm the one who wants to fix everything.  Sometimes I run into problems here because I might say something that is perceived as negative critique when, truly and honestly, it's just me trying to help!   

Anyhoo, happy happy day!  Heart

@chickenbutt  Having read your posts, I would certainly not dispute your statement.  That said, though, how did such a thinker who figures things out come up with "chickenbutt" for a nic name?  LOL! Smiley Happy  I'd have expected....er....something else. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Pearley!  Thanks for the laugh.  Smiley Happy   Well, here's what I 'thought' - 

I thought that if it made one person laugh, my job was done.  Smiley Happy

Actually, some 12 years ago I had my initial ID here and one day it stopped working so it was either a glitch or I said something that ticked somebody off.   It was so long ago that I don't even remember what it was!

Then I tried a new one and found out that it was much like somebody else's ID, when somebody pointed it out to me.   So I came up with 'chickenbutt'.  I've had this one for over 10 years now.   Wow, time flies when you're gettin' old!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi Pearley!  Thanks for the laugh.  Smiley Happy   Well, here's what I 'thought' - 

I thought that if it made one person laugh, my job was done.  Smiley Happy

Actually, some 12 years ago I had my initial ID here and one day it stopped working so it was either a glitch or I said something that ticked somebody off.   It was so long ago that I don't even remember what it was!

Then I tried a new one and found out that it was much like somebody else's ID, when somebody pointed it out to me.   So I came up with 'chickenbutt'.  I've had this one for over 10 years now.   Wow, time flies when you're gettin' old!  Smiley Happy

LOL @chickenbutt  I had that glitch happen to me here too, when Pearlee had to become Pearley because I couldn't sign on w/out changing my nic.  I'm glad I didn't go any farther changing it  than a variation of Pearlee.  LOL!