Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Ever Overly Sensitive To Poster Replies

Jubilant wrote:

I am glad you gals like my Dads one liner about "getting your goat". He had a lot of them and that is one I never forgot!   

I was on the phone with Tivo yesterday and said something to the (obviously young) man on the phone something about - 'we'll be cooking with gas'.   

He laughed and said he had never heard that one.   I said that I'm pretty sure it's a really old one that i must have picked up from a parent, or somebody else older than I.  

Some of those you just pick up and they are cool, so you keep them going.  Smiley Happy  One favorite from my father is 'all balled up'.   It's like something is all messed up in one way or another.    I still say it. albeit infrequently, and always get a bit of a look.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Beachy1 wrote:
Intentionally trying to rev people up is really rude.

I'm not sure I would use the word rude, but disingenuous to the max and also deliberately baiting - hoping people will be rude while sitting back and waiting for prey so they can claim others were rude and they were attacked. A couple are infamous for this, along with needing to be the center of attention, with it always being All About Them - every comment anyone makes MUST be referring to (and slamming) them. So bizarre.

I call it manipulative, controlling, deceitful etc.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Regular Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Some people are just plain rude and have no manners.  There's little you can do about.

Very true.

Honored Contributor

I don't get upset about rude posters.  I refuse to let them into my head.  I have more important things to think about than an anonymous poster.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I am glad you gals like my Dads one liner about "getting your goat". He had a lot of them and that is one I never forgot!   

Perhaps you will favor us with a thread, My Father's One Liners, I believe we would all thank you. I know I would. 

Others among us surely have advice from our father to share as well.

Super Contributor

I too, can be sensitive to comments, both subtle and direct.  So, I do not go back and re-read or further think about the rude and thoughtless comments, but move forward, and shift my focus to the many VERY kind and helpful folks on these boards.  Also, it makes me grateful that these rude folks are not in my 'real life' !

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller