Super Contributor

Re: Anyone start their Christmas shopping yet?

Yes, I bought a few things right after Christmas!! Bargains were too difficult to pass up!!

Honored Contributor

Yes...got 3 Vera Bradley pleated totes...(retail/none sale price $68 each) for $24.99 w/free S&H at the VB store on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for my SIL and 2 neices...

3 gifts...done, done and done!

The totes are still at a great sale price but it went up to $29.99 and only a few patterns left for anyone interested Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Not for gifts, but I sure took advantage of the after-Christmas sales (mostly from Pier1, actually). I had seen an ombre peacock tree on their website that I just loved, and since we recently moved to a new home, after decorating this Christmas I decided I'd love a second tree for our media room.

I was thrilled to get the tree collar, tree and many of the coordinating ornaments on sale anywhere fro 50-75% off! Now I'm going to have to wait many months to see it all set up, but it will give me something new to be excited about when the holiday season arrives. :-)

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Good heaven's no.  I can't even imagine doing such a thing.  Why would I take the joy out of Christmas shopping when the time comes?  The world is not going to run out of "stuff" ....lol  

@Chrystaltree2- When is "when the time comes"?  Is there a firm date on when we're allowed to start Christmas shopping?  Is it October 15th, December 1st, day after Thanksgiving?  I don't remember any set rules so, for me, "when the time comes" is whenever anyone wants to shop.  The joy comes whenever you do it.  It's not dictated by a calendar in my world.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

No. Absolutely not. We don't exchnge gifts, and I only have a few people to buy for so I won't start until December.

Respected Contributor

No, but I bought a 40th birthday present for my niece for 2017. Oh, I bought a xmas ornament for my husband for Valentine's Day. So, sorta.
Honored Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@gidgetgh-----I think you should get the napkins now, if any are left.  By the time you decide to get them at Christmas, you will find they don't make them anymore. The way of the world, you know?-----------tedEbear

@tedEbear- I took your suggestion and ordered the napkins.  They should be delivered today.  3 Christmas gifts for friends already done.  Unless I just happen upon a perfect gift, that should be the last of my Christmas shopping for awhile- LOL.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?