Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone start their Christmas shopping yet?

I will probably start in December.

Honored Contributor

I picked up a few items in the after Christmas sales.  I also buy all year.  It is wonderful when Christmas comes and that is one item checked off list and paid for!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I know, I know, it's early February. I always shop year round for Christmas when I find something I like, but this is early, even for me. 

Just before Christmas, I bought something for three friends (same item) and decided to hold it for this Christmas. Some really pretty salt and pepper shakers in Vietri's Old St. Nick pattern. I have them and love them and I think my friends will love them too.  When I got the idea, I just went ahead and did it and put them away.  Nearer Christmas, I'll get a package of paper napkins that match from a gift store in my area that carries this pattern and will add them to each.  

Anyone else brave enough to admit that they already have a gift or two for this year?

That should be it for me for months unless I just run into the perfect gift for someone. 

oh yes......i have already started and have put  items away for decorating and gifting 2016!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I shop whenever I see something really neat and sale priced.  That's why mid-December I had some items put aside for 2016.  

Since I'm snowbirding, while at Dillard's tonight  I picked up gorgeous, thick, knitted infinity-type scarves in beautiful colors which were reduced 65% and then were an additional 40% off.  Of course, for less than $9 each I got several for Christmas 2016.

If I waited till winter at home, these beauties never appear up North !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

You must be kidding! Enjoy each season as it comes and stay in the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

We're still paying off Xmas 2015 !
Trusted Contributor

I buy year round for birthdays and holidays.  In that way I am not faced with a time crunch and can spread out the cost.  

Respected Contributor

No. If I saw something now I wanted to give someone, I would just give it to them now instead of waiting for Christmas. They would have more time to enjoy it instead of me holding on to it for nearly a year.

Esteemed Contributor

And I clicked on this post thinking it was tongue in cheek.  Had no idea it would be a serious question!  Um, no.  The best part about Jan. and Feb. is that Christmas shopping is almost a year away.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

We always joke about gift drawers but I really do buy things I see on sale and set them aside for future gift giving. I do not buy things just because they are on sale, rather it has to be something I would like to receive. (and would be proud to give) 

I bought some beautiful holiday jewelry on sale for 75% off.  Also, I bought a number of bags of Yankee Candle holiday potpourri for a few dollars each.  I'm waiting for some cashmere scarves  and gloves to arrive from a Gilt clearance. 

My husband is famous for coming home and telling me he needs a gift for someone.  I do not think there has ever been a time that I have not had something appropriate to give.