Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone start their Christmas shopping yet?

@gidgetgh-----I think you should get the napkins now, if any are left.  By the time you decide to get them at Christmas, you will find they don't make them anymore. The way of the world, you know?-----------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

I'm going to pretend this post doesn't exist. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Hi gidget.  I haven't picked up anything yet, but whenever I see things throughout the year I will.  It makes the holiday less stressful and more enjoyable when I can find things early and put them away. It's less overwhelming. 

CH

Super Contributor

Actually yes I have.  I'm like you...if I see something I know someone will love I grab it. I've been buying for Toys For Tots also. Each week I try to pick up a toy.  I, personally, love the Christmas Spirit all year long. 

Honored Contributor

No. I like to do my Christmas shopping only in November - December.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I don't do my Christmas shopping until Nov. or Dec.  I'm afraid I would change my mind, or the friends/family would go ahead and buy the same thing for themselves.  I looked up the Vietri Old St. Nick salt & pepper shakers.  They are so cute!  Your friends will love them.  I like Vietri but haven't looked at their patterns in a while.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Actually I did start Christmas shopping already.  For Christmas decorations (including an off-white Christmas tree) that's for a house that is totally gutted, no gas or electric hooked up and getting ready to get *raised* up to above flood level.

The problem is, everything is piling up here in this house.  The guest room looks like Christmas in February.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, gidget, I bought three pairs of cashmere socks on sale--marked down from $68 to $28.  Kept one pair--it's been chilly in S FL this winter and they aren't very practical but so cosy and warm around the house.

That left two as gifts for next year.  Then I discovered at a meeting that a long time colleague and pal had a landmark birthday this week.  The second pair I wrapped up and put in her area at work.

So I bought a few but only one is left--but that's 1 pr of cashmere socks (silvery grey with a glint of metallic silver, and pink toes and border). The danger of buying early is that some gifting opportunities that aren't anticipated get the gifts used up.

The sockies are not from QVC but from another in my small group of favorite retailers.

Respected Contributor

Actually for the first time in my old life I have 4 or 5 things bought. There is not that many of us and I like to buy a few things for each person.