Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone shop at Mall of America?

On 2/23/2015 terrier3 said:
On 2/23/2015 evelomaddict said:

authorities received 18 warning calls about sydney jihadist before his attack on the cafe

{#emotions_dlg.angry}

In a free society, it's difficult to arrest anyone BEFORE they commit a crime...or hold them if there has been no indictment.

BTW - Wasn't he going on trial very soon for being involved in his wife's murder????

it's not about holding them, it's about keeping tabs on them.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

Being that I live in NJ no I never shopped or stepped foot in the Mall of America. This is always in the back of my mind and I am always trying to look around and be alert. We have to live our lives without any fear or they won. But it is sad that we have to go though this.

Honored Contributor

authorities received 18 warning calls about sydney jihadist before his attack on the cafe

{#emotions_dlg.angry}

In a free society, it's difficult to arrest anyone BEFORE they commit a crime...or hold them if there has been no indictment.

BTW - Wasn't he going on trial very soon for being involved in his wife's murder????

So police should follow people around...snoop on their phone records, etc - with no proof a crime has been committed?

No way...that's not Australian and it's certainly NOT American!

We live in a free society - not North Korea...

Super Contributor

On 2/22/2015 mstraditional said:

this seems to be getting ""existential.""

Ha ha ha!!!

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.angry}

So police should follow people around...snoop on their phone records, etc - with no proof a crime has been committed?

No way...that's not Australian and it's certainly NOT American!

We live in a free society - not North Korea...

If he was out on bail, yes!!

Super Contributor

I live near the MOA. It's been on the list of possible terror targets since 9/11. Seen by some as a huge, busy place specializing in American capitalism, I see that it could be. Heck, it even has America in it's name. But no, I don't let it stop me from shopping there. On the list of dangers, it's MUCH more likely I'd be in a car accident on the way to the mall. There are no guarantees in life, but I choose to live my life without wringing my hands about every possible danger.

Honored Contributor

This obviously isn't very important to our leaders since congress is about to cut off funding for the entire DHS department.

The employees will be working with no pay.