Super Contributor

I want to start. How does it compare to eBay as far as guidelines, policies, etc. I'm planning on selling homemade  items. I sell my clothes on eBay. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone sell on etsy???!

[ Edited ]

I don't sell on etsy, but I do buy a lot from that site. when I'm looking for customized or personalized items, that's where I'll look. no bad experiences so far. the sellers are very accommodating and pleasant. I'd say it's a good place to sell your homemade items, so I wish you lots of luck!

Honored Contributor

Sorry, not a Etsy seller, but I am a Etsy buyer, LOL   .......  I love the things the sell, especially seasonal handmade items for outdoors!  I wish you luck if you decide to sell!

Honored Contributor

I can't help you either, but also chiming in, like the others.  I love shopping on Etsy.  I've found some great items on there.  

I've only ever had one problem.  Bought an item and the seller disappeared into thin air without shipping my item.  I contacted Etsy and they got in touch with the seller and had the seller refund my money immediately.  Turns out, she'd travelled to Asia and hadn't put her shop on "vacation" status and had spotty internet service.  She was going to be gone a few months so I just cancelled the purchase.

Good luck if you decide to sell there!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I'm a major etsy buyer as well.  99.9% of them are super nice but there are a few who get their back up about questions, special orders or whatever.

I'm sure they get a lot of annoying questions from people who don't read their entire instructions, I get that, but some are just naturally testy and I tend to not do business with them a second time if they are like that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@Adamlambert I had an Etsy shop for about 4 years.  I loved it.  They make it very easy to set up your shop and get started.  I did it for fun.  Most sellers who have shops on Etsy and eBay say they have more traffic on eBay.  I plan to reopen my shop when I retire in about a year.  I think you would enjoy it and the fees are reasonable.

Respected Contributor

I, too, buy a great deal from Etsy. All I do know is that they have very strict rules. One seller told me they get closed down if you don't keep at least a four star rating, no matter why!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.