Contributor

I had one when I was little. I have a form of cp and a regular 2 wheeler didn't work for me, however if someone actually took the time to teach me then maybe but wqho knows. We went to bike store and tested it out and picked out the color. Being 12 at the time I wasn't to thrilled about, but everyone loved it! I might go look into getting another one, as that one I got back in 2000! The one I had, had an amazing comfortable seat, the thing was huge and had a basket in the back!

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I crashed on my bike two summers ago, and would really like to trade it in on a trike. DH has hinted that he would be embarrassed to ride bikes together if I'm on a trike, so I may be riding alone but That's OK (:

Maybe you could get one of the sporty looking recumbent trikes, @Azcowgirl.  I have my eye on one but it's pricey.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have a tricycle?

[ Edited ]

@tansy

I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion !

eta....wish we all lived close and could go riding our trikes together 😀

Honored Contributor

You should go to bike shop and look at some, try them out, take a test drive.  It would be a great way to get some exersize and get around town.  I've seen people around town on them.  I'd like one but I have arthritis in my knee, wouldn't work for me. 

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I have balance issues and can't ride a bicycle so I am considering a tricycle. Bikes today - at least good ones - are a pretty big investment so I want to be sure before I buy one. Some people say they are big & heavy to pedal but I see that they now come with a 3 speed which would help with that. I also don't know if I want to buy new or look for used. There is one person where we live that has one but rarely rides it. I asked him if he would buy it again and he said I don't know.I asked if he wanted to sell it and he said no. His is actually very large. They now make them in 24" that I think would be lighter & easier to manage.The ad says they are easier to get onto for people with back & hip issues , esp. ladies. I guess I need to go to the bike shop and try some out. DH would like me to go with him when he goes to ride his bike, and actually, I can go to a lot of my errands here on a bike as this is a very small town and everything is close.

My MIL had a tricycle and my FIL had a bike.  They could not ride together.  She couldn't go fast enough to keep up with him and he could slow down enough to ride at her pace.

Don't you use a golf cart for your errands?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You should go to bike shop and look at some, try them out, take a test drive.  It would be a great way to get some exersize and get around town.  I've seen people around town on them.  I'd like one but I have arthritis in my knee, wouldn't work for me. 

@chrystaltree, I think you are wrong.  Before I had my knee replacements, I rode a stationary bike without any issues.  You would need to have the seat adjusted just right.

Honored Contributor

@151949, I missed the part where you would ride a trike with your husband on a bike -- doesn't work well unfortunately.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I have balance issues and can't ride a bicycle so I am considering a tricycle. Bikes today - at least good ones - are a pretty big investment so I want to be sure before I buy one. Some people say they are big & heavy to pedal but I see that they now come with a 3 speed which would help with that. I also don't know if I want to buy new or look for used. There is one person where we live that has one but rarely rides it. I asked him if he would buy it again and he said I don't know.I asked if he wanted to sell it and he said no. His is actually very large. They now make them in 24" that I think would be lighter & easier to manage.The ad says they are easier to get onto for people with back & hip issues , esp. ladies. I guess I need to go to the bike shop and try some out. DH would like me to go with him when he goes to ride his bike, and actually, I can go to a lot of my errands here on a bike as this is a very small town and everything is close.

My MIL had a tricycle and my FIL had a bike.  They could not ride together.  She couldn't go fast enough to keep up with him and he could slow down enough to ride at her pace.

Don't you use a golf cart for your errands?

My golf cart isn't street legal  so I can only use it right here in the plan and up the street to the YMCA  because I can stay off the street, by going thru the hospital parking lot. And you don't get any exercise on a golf cart.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_4525.JPGMine rides two.  Average age of buyer 62. Half of owners are women.

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

IMG_4525.JPGMine rides two.  Average age of buyer 62. Half of owners are women.

Is that you, @esmeraldagooch?  That does look fun!