Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone doing a Big Game party today?

I'd never seen a snack stadium before. Impressive!

image.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

Well, as you can see from the name I use, our team is not in the Super Bowl this year.  And last year's ending  was too dramatic/traumatic.  Think we will have the game on (in the background) perhaps DVR the game to see highlights later  and, of course, the commercials.  Considering last year, it is almost a relief not to have the drama.  Our city and Pacific Northwest area are proud of the team and great coaches.  Team and the season has brought a lot of unity and pride to the region. So, to answer the question, no.  We will not be having a Super Bowl party this year,  We did view the game with friends and family last year, but it was very low key. Thank you.  

Honored Contributor

Yes!  And I am so ready Woman LOL

I already went out early this morning for a few goodies including scones for breakfast and wonderful hot piroshkis for lunch.  Why the latter?  They look like footballs and we love them!  Making a lite artichoke dip if anyone wants to snack during the game.

I love watching the ads and halftime, really looking forward to Lady Gaga and Beyonce this year.  Having a cup of Death Wish coffee right now, their ad will be on during the game.

HAVE FUN ALL!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

No not watching, but may peek in.  The game this year is 30 miles away, and next to husbands work...so we have been impacted by the traffic, detours.  But other than that I am glad for the business it has brought to Santa Clara, San Jose, and the Bay Area!!  I heard Beyonce was by the Fairmont in San Jose yesterday.  But I was told that most all players are staying in San francisco, which makes sense.  Bruno Mars was out dining in local pubs, so his business is appreciated I am sure.  on't even go near San Jose airport yesterdy, good grief!!

I was wondering, because of security is Great America open today?  Noel, do you know?

Respected Contributor

I could not even tell you who is playing.

Husband working today, so I will be watching movies.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes. We did a Puppy Bowl party.

We made a dog bone shaped cake, served sloppy joes, cheese cubes, popcorn, ants on a log, pretzels, every treat our sweet dog likes.
Honored Contributor

DH watched game after church and I watched movie.  Very exciting evening.  :-)

Honored Contributor

Dh and I quit going to and hosting SB parties about 5 years ago.  The funny thing is, in our house I am the football fan and he couldn't care less.  

I always do partyish food but I paid more attention to the game yesterday than he did.  He was ready to go to bed mid-way through the third quarter.  LOL

I sort of miss going to a party but with the game starting later, the extended half-time and us having to work in the morning, it's nice to be home.  And if the game stinks, we can just change the channel.