Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone doing a Big Game party today?

Oh yes, it's expected and I'm the chief cook and bottle washer.LOL This year I'm making it easy on myself and I'm doing salsas and corn chips and burritos.

Respected Contributor

Don't like football but will watch for the commercials.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

The game will be on, but there won't be a party.

Honored Contributor

Naw, we're not football fans. But my dh did have his annual Barrett-Jackson Car Auction watching get-together last Saturday. He always hosted this where we used to live. We now live in a new location and these guys here were thrilled with this car-guy party! They really had a great time.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Our teams are not in it so not this year. After I saw Beyoncé's new video I am now not going to even DVR it. New song is pure garbage IMO . For those that are watching I hope it is an exciting game for you to enjoy. Have fun y'all!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No reason to party here.  That is only done if the local team in playing.  We will watch the game though and I do enjoy watching the commercials.

IMHO, the Super Bowl or Big Game has just become another event for people (except for specific team fans) to gather and party.  It has morphed into a money making event.  Just like Cinco De Mayo.  I never even heard of Cinco De Mayo until I was in my 40s.  Now it is promoted as an occasion to gather and eat and party.

OK, I have expended my grouchiness for the day.

Honored Contributor

Nope--just the usual stuff getting ready for the new work week. Don't care about any sports so we don't watch it at all.

Honored Contributor

Going to a small family party later.  My DH and I really arent into it, but since my brother invited us we will go.  I have to come home at halftime since I get up at 5:30 a.m. for work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

The team hubby and I follow isn't in the Super Bowl, so we are staying home.

I am not sure I will even watch it....might check the score during commercials...

Not my sport. When I quit my football gambling addiction years ago, I quit watching all games except? Our college team, the Nebraska Cornhuskers. I never, ever even considered/consider gambling on any if their games.

I am still a recovering addict so I stick to the only game I really love, hockey.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We aren't watching, it used to be big at our house but my husband gave up football about 6 years ago. We're grilling lamb kabobs today. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval