Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching "I Am Cait"?

I have seen portions of two different episodes. I have no issues with anyone who is committed to trans-ing and making a complete change-over - with complete being the (excuse the expression) operative word - and wish them peace and happiness.

The most jarring aspect of Caitlyn for me is her voice.  IMO if she truly wants to be regarded as Caitlyn, she needcs to do whatever it takes to modify/feminize her voice.  Caitlyn sounds no different than Bruce.

Magazine cover photo shoots aside, I continue to see a man in drag when I look at Caitlyn. 

I could be wrong, but I am not 100% convinced that Caitlyn, with or without media in her life, is 100% committed to her secks. I can't help the feeling that certain things are done or not done for the benefit of the show, as long as the show lasts.  I did not necessarily feel this way before the TV show ever started. But at this point, I question her long-term, physical and surgical commitment. The emotional commitment is the "easiest" part - and I do not mean to make light of the difficult decisions the transgender community makes every day, or the emotional suffering they endure. I'm just questioning Caitlyn's timing, and *her* commitment. The OP did ask for thoughts.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

I will not. Not because I have a problem with a transgender person. I have no respect for Bruce Jenner or Caitlyn Jenner. So self centered & narcissstic. No matter what the issue is, it's all about the hair, makeup, clothes, finger nails, etc. THAT is not what being a woman is about & if that is all it is to this person, I don't think that they understand being transgender, either.

if you actually WATCHED the shows and listen then you will find out it isnt just about the hair, makeup, nails, and clothes......it is about much more than that......and also not just about caitlyn.

I did accidently see part of one. I don't know if it was the first one. The mother was upset & the daughter was trying to talk, but Jenner didn't even care. I have no respect for Jenner. And, yes, to keep people supporting Jenner the PR team will make sure it looks like they are trying to help other transgender people. I truly hope it does help transgender people have a conversation with their friends & family. The Jenner/Kardashian family will be trotted out to make sure that it looks like they are all so happy with this situation & only have such love & respect for Jenner. I think it is unfair to all of them. And, I, just I, just my feeling, is that Jenner doesn't care about any of these things. Or the woman that was killed by Bruce. Why is that situation just being ignored?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting questions and answers 

Found the above short article helpful when trying to explain transgendered people to a friend.

I find this series very informative and enlightening.  

Valued Contributor

Watched the first night and that was enough for me

Wish him well I mean really, from the waist down he is still a male.

However, I think there are more  important things in this world and I wish the media circus would stop.

Honored Contributor

Some of his social views are going to come back to bite him from what I read of tonight's show.   

I watched the first show out of curiousity and that's probably enough for me. 

Honored Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

Interesting questions and answers 

Found the above short article helpful when trying to explain transgendered people to a friend.

I find this series very informative and enlightening.  

thanks for sharing the website...... i found this particularly interesting......

Do All Transgender People Have Surgery?

No. Not all transgender people have surgery—or any medical intervention. Being transgender is not about physical changes—it is about gender identity. For a transgender person, their gender identity does not align with their biological sex.

As Dr. Spack says, “For transgender people, their bodies below the brain do not define their gender status.”

Not all transgender people report experiencing gender dysphoria -- the term that describes distress related to identifying with a gender different from the one assigned at birth. But for those who do, medical intervention can be a great relief.

There are various reasons some transgender people do not have surgery. For many, the cost is prohibitive. For others, having surgery is not the most important way for them to express their gender. As Dr. Olson says, “There are some people that are completely fine—by the way—with the genitals they have.”

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1

my guess about the accident.......they cannot include it in the filming and they cannot discuss it because it is an ongoing investigation, probably not yet settled by the insurance companies, and could possibly go to trial.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If there is a "good" in this show, it is the transgender group therapy when everyone *else* speaks.  Viewers could potentially learn a lot from the transgender women. From Caitlyn, maybe not so much.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Nope!  Ross Poldark all the way!!❤️

Respected Contributor

I have zero interest in watching.