Respected Contributor

Anyone Try Those New Coffee Nut Peanut M&M's?

DH and I were standing in a checkout line the other day and saw Coffee Nut Peanut M&M's. It said something about it being the new winning flavor. I suppose they had a contest like the potato chip company does. Anyway, I don't care for coffee, but DH does. He bought a bag and told me to try one. I tasted absolutely no coffee or even mocha flavor in them. They tasted exactly like regular peanut M&M's to us.

Anyone else try them?

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Try Those New Coffee Nut Peanut M&M's?

If they taste just like the original ones, whee does the coffee come in?

Respected Contributor

They sound good, but if there is no coffee......

I heard on the radio that in 2017 there will be caramel M7M's. Either way, I'm in trouble!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

They sound good, but if there is no coffee......

I heard on the radio that in 2017 there will be caramel M7M's. Either way, I'm in trouble!

I know. I love peanut M & M's too!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

If they taste just like the original ones, whee does the coffee come in?

That's what I was wondering. I really don't like coffee, but I can take a little mocha flavor...but these just taste like ordinary peanut M & M's. Crazy...and someone won a prize for coming up with that new flavor!

Respected Contributor

I'd try them after reading the ingrediant list.   Most flavored M&M are artificially flavored.   Not that I care, but it usually means not very flavorful to me.

I love chocolate covered coffee beans.   Never eat them in public tho.  LOL

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't tried them -- haven't even heard of them, in fact, until just now.  They don't sound very good.

Honored Contributor

Drop a few into our hot chocolate or coffee.  Of course, I'm the one who adds a tablespoon of peanut butter to my coffee and hot chocolate, anyway.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

My husband really liked the coffee nut m&ms -- I thought they were ok. They have a mocha flavor -- I don't recall it being overpowering (we had them quite a while ago).

I really liked the chili nut m&ms -- my husband said they were ok. The chili nut m&ms at first taste like a normal peanut m&m but about the time you're almost done chewing them, the tingle of heat kicks in. 

Actually I can't really say I've had an m&m that I didn't like. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen or heard of them but I wouldn't be tempted as I detest coffee anyway.  I'm anxious to try the Caramel M&M.  I'm sure they will be good but my preference is still the original peanut M&Ms.  I've never been too impressed with all the various flavored ones that I've tried (the Pretzel are horrible.....IMHO!).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown