Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Going To The Clooney Wedding?

On 9/27/2014 Preds said:
On 9/27/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: He's been around the block so much, and seemed quite happy with his life. I find it interesting that at 53 he suddenly wants to "settle" down. I think he may have another reason...like running for office, and wanting that "marriage" look. Not to say he doesn't love her, but...presumably he's known many smart, attractive women. Why this one, why now? Time will tell....

Why not this one? Maybe, just maybe he actually fell in love.

Ok. Smiley Happy I didn't say that he didn't love her....
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 9/27/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:
On 9/27/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: He's been around the block so much, and seemed quite happy with his life. I find it interesting that at 53 he suddenly wants to "settle" down. I think he may have another reason...like running for office, and wanting that "marriage" look. Not to say he doesn't love her, but...presumably he's known many smart, attractive women. Why this one, why now? Time will tell....

If that's true he would have married an American born woman.

I don't see what nationality has to do with it. . Anyway, I was just speculating.

You may not but voters often do.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I don't see what nationality has to do with it. . Anyway, I was just speculating.

Well, we are talking about gov of California. Arnold wasn't born in the US. and he was elected gov. So a foreign born spouse....
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Well, we are talking about gov of California. Arnold wasn't born in the US. and he was elected gov. So a foreign born spouse....

He represented a certain party. It will be different for Clooney.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I see him more so as running for congress or senate.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Lost my post.. Anyway, I was saying, that I don't see how it would be different for Clooney. If Arnold running as a Republican (moderate) could get elected, why not Clooney? Who, I'm presuming, would run as a D, maybe I. Cali is basically a blue state. Again, just speculation, but I still don't see his wife being born out of the country as a liability in California.
Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 MickD said: I see him more so as running for congress or senate.
I see him running for the Senate as opposed to the House....more "prestige." But unless Feinstein or Boxer decide to retire, I don't see him.running against them. But who knows....
Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: Lost my post.. Anyway, I was saying, that I don't see how it would be different for Clooney. If Arnold running as a Republican (moderate) could get elected, why not Clooney? Who, I'm presuming, would run as a D, maybe I. Cali is basically a blue state. Again, just speculation, but I still don't see his wife being born out of the country as a liability in California.

I don't want to go into detail because of the recent issues here with blocking accounts. I will only say that if Clooney runs the opposing party won't have second thoughts of bringing up the marriage in a very unpleasant way.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Great picture!

George Clooney smiles at the cameras before he heads into his wedding ceremony in Venice, Italy.

Respected Contributor

Love that photo terrier. Thanks for posting it.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____