Honored Contributor

@Jamma@Mz iMac@Susan-QVC

I have been checking in on her every day! Just now I could detect the baby moving!

Ordered tee shirts for the grands yesterday, which was the last day for the shop being open.

This tells me that the anticipated event must be expected pretty soon after March 12th!

@Mz iMac

Thank you for the link!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Jamma@gidgetgh@Mz iMac@Susan-QVC

Here is a link -- in the article it shows the picture the keeper took of her from "underneath!"

http://fox61.com/2017/03/13/watch-live-april-the-giraffe-continues-to-progress-showing-significant-b...

Trusted Contributor

I've been watching for 2 weeks. If I wake up in the night I check on her too! I was excited to see the men in with her earlier and taking pictures. I sure hope the little one shows up soon! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody watching April

[ Edited ]

Another April lover here!!  Can't wait to see a tiny bubble start, then a peek of a hoof & hopefully an easy delivery and a new calf..  We love watching when the keepers or vet is in with her.. I can't imagine an animal that size looking down at ya and sniffing at ya..  she and Oliver are gorgeous!!  Heart

Waving @Susan-QVC..  was over in Kennesaw a couple days ago.. Still amazed at all the construction around KSU and Kaiser.  It's cold down here too- burrrrrrrr.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
QVC Customer Care

@Suziepeach  I bet all my GA family would like to have all the snow we are about to get. Yikes!!!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Thanks!  I saw the picture on Facebook. Just amazing. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Suziepeach  I bet all my GA family would like to have all the snow we are about to get. Yikes!!!

@Susan-QVC, box some of that snow up and send to us!!  I wouldn't mind a little- roads clear of course- it's just so pretty to look at. 

You stay safe with what's headed your way too!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

Oh thanks! I have not checked my FB today yet!

Do you watch on an "April" page?

Honored Contributor

Oh!  My!  Gosh!

The park's Facebook page just posted an update. At 12:45 today, the staff noticed significant changes. Staff has made arrangement to stay all night, because of the blizzard. The vet is on site now and from what I understand, will be staying also. 

They said that they can't confirm at this time that she's in active labor, but there have been significant changes. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@gidgetgh

Oh thanks! I have not checked my FB today yet!

Do you watch on an "April" page?

@LTT1- on the park's Facebook page. Just search for Animal Adventure Park and you'll find it. They post pictures and the daily updates.