Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody gotten their taxes done yet?

@chihuahuamom     I just sent all my tax info to my accountant on Monday.  Hopefully he will have the returns completed soon.

Respected Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

We are still missing some 1099's.  I cannot understand why some banks are allowed extensions every year past the January 31st date.  Other than that, we are ready to file.

that's because some of the reporting doesn't come in to meet the 1/31 date.  in fact, the reporting on some government agency investments and K-1 investments is not due until March.  the system is upside down and has been for years. don't blame the financial institutions -  reporting dates are set by the government. imo  the filing date should be pushed into May, allowing for all reports to be received by taxpayers.   but that would be too logical.

Esteemed Contributor

@duffy2 wrote:

yes. fastest ever this year. brought the stuff to the guy on monday refunds in my account that friday. they say you should file ASAP beccause of all the scammers out there

@duffy2 ... some of my brother's friends were scammed last year.  So he joined LifeLock.  He said it definitely works because every time his wife opens an account for the girls they get a notice.  My DH and I just joined a couple months ago.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH does ours online. They were done on the 1st of Feb. Return is in the bank .

Esteemed Contributor

I normally do mine online but the price keeps going up and my pretty simple taxes get more complicated.  I was in the middle of doing them and became frustrated so I stopped and called and made an appointment for next week.  The cost will only be slightly more than it was going to cost me by doing them online.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

We get ours done Feb. 24th..  Yeah!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I filed last week, with direct deposit as a refund option I hope to receive next week.

Honored Contributor

Man alive! I can't believe how many of you have your refunds and so quickly! Kudos and happy spending (or saving/investing!!).

We went last week, and just yesterday, signed the papers (takes our accountant a week or less to prepare and check the work before we sign). They usually file them on the same day you bring back the signed documents (or the next day if it is too late), but we usually have to wait at least a couple of weeks (often three) before the refunds come through. We always file in the first half of February, as all our documentation doesn't arrive until the last day of January or the first couple of Feb. 

So, just not so patiently waiting for those refunds!

Honored Contributor

I had an appt to have them done last week, but had to reschedule.  I couldn't believe how hard it was to get a new appt.  It's not until later next week.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen my CPA in over a decade, he sends us a prepaid envelope for our paperwork and signatures, if he has any questions he emails or texts us and voila........it's done.