Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody gotten their taxes done yet?

Yes, both refunds are back.

Contributor

yes. fastest ever this year. brought the stuff to the guy on monday refunds in my account that friday. they say you should file ASAP beccause of all the scammers out there

Respected Contributor

Filed my taxes February 4, my refund was in the bank February 11.

Honored Contributor

Yes, money in the bank this past Monday. It would have been sooner but I had to wait for the 1095-A health insurance tax credit form before I could file. It came faster this year than last and hopefully this will BE the last one I see but who knows what's going to happen.

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom  Haven't even made our appointment yet. Since our accountant files electronically (like everyone does now), I don't worry about filing early. Some of our investment statements arrive late, too. We rarely get a refund, anyway, so no rush.

Good Morning Have a Lovely day

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I do ours. I have enough of them done to know I am in no hurry to file. Which is nothing unusual Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Did mine last week.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not yet. The deadline for the production of brokerage 1099's for taxable accounts was just yesterday (this has been changed to mid February in the last few years) so they were just generated yesterday. I should have the package all together and dropped off with my accountant by early next week. I'm not in any hurry to write those checks to the IRS and state, but the accountant does need the info to get the returns done by the filing deadline. 

If you're still looking for forms, here's a link to a Forbes article that shows when the most "popular" forms are due.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2016/01/16/when-to-expect-your-forms-w-2-1099-more-in-2...

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Super Contributor

Not on my radar screen until March.  

My CPA will complete and file them in late March.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Probably, for the first time ever, we're going to have to file for an extension.

I'm STILL waiting for 1099's for my parents estate AND for this weirdo document on one of their stocks that won't be produced till March 31st, yes MARCH 31st.

Until I get all those, I can't file my parents taxes.  Until my parents taxes are filed, we can't file ours.  

So we'll be either really close to the deadline or we'll have to file for an extension.

@gidgetgh

Same here.. brokerage firms have til 3/31 to send out 1099 - at least that's what the estate attorney told me! That's ok I'll probably end up paying anyway☹️