Valued Contributor

Anybody gotten their taxes done yet?

I have an appointment next week.  I was surprised to hear my tax person say that they were very busy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody gotten their taxes done yet?

Got mine done last Monday and refund already back.  YEA

Honored Contributor

We've gotten our refund back too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

We are still missing some 1099's.  I cannot understand why some banks are allowed extensions every year past the January 31st date.  Other than that, we are ready to file.

Honored Contributor

Probably, for the first time ever, we're going to have to file for an extension.

I'm STILL waiting for 1099's for my parents estate AND for this weirdo document on one of their stocks that won't be produced till March 31st, yes MARCH 31st.

Until I get all those, I can't file my parents taxes.  Until my parents taxes are filed, we can't file ours.  

So we'll be either really close to the deadline or we'll have to file for an extension.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Done, refunded and spent.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

We are still missing some 1099's.  I cannot understand why some banks are allowed extensions every year past the January 31st date.  Other than that, we are ready to file.

@Meezerpleezer- irritating isn't it?  I'm still waiting for one 1099 for interest for my parents estate.  It was generated 1/31.  Not here yet.  I called and asked for a duplicate on Monday and they told me I had to wait till Friday to request the duplicate.  

On the return for my parents estate, I sold some stock and the deadline for  THOSE 1099's is Feb. 15th.  So those are just now starting to trickle in.

And I have to wait for this other weird form thing for my parents taxes and that isn't generated until March 31st!!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Yes, one refund is in the bank and one still has to come in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

Us too and it's so annoying.

It's not like someone sitting there with pen and paper - all they have to do is push the print button.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.