Valued Contributor

Any suggestions for 8th grade graduation gifts.

thanks

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for 8th grade graduation gifts.

A nice card with money included.  I am a firm believer in letting kids have the money so they can get what they want rather than give them something they have no use for or just simply don't like.  If the parent is one that will take the money so the child doesn't get any benefit (believe me it happens), then ask them to tell you a few things they would like to have and buy one of those.  

Honored Contributor

Our standby gift for any graduation gift is money.  The amount depends on our relationship to the graduate and the level of graduation.

Honored Contributor

Sin ce when do we have to give guifts for getting past 8th grade?

Honored Contributor

Seems like they have a graduation for almost every grade now!  Smiley Happy  ha!  

I guess I'm ancient but we only had 'graduation' for high school.

I don't know this child, of course, so I don't know what s/he likes, but money is always a safe bet.  I know some people think that a money gift is not thoughtful and - well, blah blah blah - but a LOT of people love to receive a gift of money.

Hey, it's my favorite gift!  Smiley Happy  But kids probably know more what they'd like to have than us old folks, so they can take the cash and buy exactly what they want with it.

Respected Contributor

Money is my standard graduation gift.
Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

thanks

While an important accomplishment, it's not as significant as a high school, college, or grad school graduation where the gift would probably be more meaningful.  Teenagers like cash.  You could also do something like passes for the graduate and a friend to a movie or water park.  If they're into the style of music, maybe tickets to the "Warped Tour" or another concert of a favorite band.  They'll need transporation for any of these events so maybe you could step up and be the driver if mom or dad can't.

Esteemed Contributor

$$$$$$$$$$.  I am way past the point of knowing what would be a great gift for a teen.  Everyone likes $.  That way they can buy what they want.

Esteemed Contributor

Ah.....nothing. Graduating 8th grade is nothing to celebrate; it is expected. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucky-girl wrote:

thanks

@lucky-girl How about a nice watch? Works for boy or girl. I still remember my grandma taking me to the store to pick out my first real watch and a pair of earrings. Will never forget the memory and being able to pick them out. I wore them both during my 8th grade graduation ceremony too. Oh, and I still have them, and still wear them.