Respected Contributor

Re: Any N.Y. Mets Fans Out There??

I liked the 2000 team, with that excellent infield and Mike Piazza catching.  And they made it to the World Series !

Esteemed Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I liked the 2000 team, with that excellent infield and Mike Piazza catching.  And they made it to the World Series !

Yes and they lost to "them"

Sorry @dmod nj Woman Very Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

I am on the West Coast, and before the Mariners, I was an avid LA Dodger fan. My aunt lived in NYC when they were the Brooklyn Dodgers, so I always kind of thought of the Mets as the replacement team for the Dodgers. They were always the under dog to the wealthy Bronx Bombers. So, I will root for the Mets anytime over the NY Yankees. Lord knows I will never in my lifetime see the Mariners go to the World Series.

Honored Contributor

This Yankees fan roots for the Mets...........except for when they play one another.  

I wish the Mets the best of luck as they play in the playoffs. I'll be watching and rooting for them.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

This Yankees fan roots for the Mets...........except for when they play one another.  

I wish the Mets the best of luck as they play in the playoffs. I'll be watching and rooting for them.

Thank you @dmod nj for your graciousness!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I'll  never forget the defining moment of that series- Piazza's wasat bat against Clemons. His  bat snapped and it flew near Clemons on he mound.Roger picked up the shattered bat and threw it at Piazza! I'll  never forget the looks they exchanged. Bobby Valentine never intervened-  and should have! There was a dark cloud over the Mets from that point on. Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm supposed to go to the game Saturday- with Hurricane Joaquin hitting the east coast!  Woman Mad Hopefully the weather Gods will cooperate. Heart

OH NO! @Ibby114

Here's a "funny story." In 1986, my brother was getting married during the playoffs and someone invited me to a game the same day...it was a really difficult decision to make! Woman LOL

(I didn't like his fiance)

I can relate to that! DH and l had to attend a work-related wedding reception on a Sat. night, during Game 6 of the '86 World Series. I really didn't want to miss the game! So l brought along a Sony Watchman mini TV-- remember those? During the reception, I kept quietly checking the score, and giving updates to other Mets fans, lol. What a game that was!

LOL!!!!  I remember that game reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal well!!!  I LIVED in Massachusetts at the time and had a NY Mets bumper sticker on my car. Woman LOL

@handygal2

@MyGirlsMom:  You were really living on the edge, having a Mets bumper sticker in the heart of Red Sox Nation, lol.

I went to college in Boston in the late 1970's. Being a Mets fan in Boston was tough --even then!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@handygal2

Mookie Wilson

Ron Darling

Keith Hernandez

Darryl Straberry

Gary Carter

Dwight Gooden

just some of the guys I remember

Gary Carter was my favorite. May he rest in peace...

I also remember:

Lenny Dykstra

Wally Backman

Bob Ojeda

Rick Aguilera

Rafael Santana

Kevin Elster

Tim Teufel

Howard Johnson

Kevin Mitchell

Roger McDowell

Jesse Orosco...

Wow, I'm on a roll, lol. Next year will be their 30th anniversary, so they will probably have some reunion ceremonies at Citifield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEcQS4tXgQ

memories....ahhhh Heart

Ray Knight too!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114:  Yes!! How did l forget Ray Knight??

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I'll  never forget the defining moment of that series- Piazza's wasat bat against Clemons. His  bat snapped and it flew near Clemons on he mound.Roger picked up the shattered bat and threw it at Piazza! I'll  never forget the looks they exchanged. Bobby Valentine never intervened-  and should have! There was a dark cloud over the Mets from that point on. Woman Sad

That moment was just scary and so wrong.  Clemons was DEAD WRONG!  ITA about Valentine. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.