Honored Contributor

Re: Another really stupid review

On 1/12/2015 happy housewife said:
On 1/12/2015 Pook said:

Even though it had a wide opening it might have been too narrow the other way.

That is why they extend the zippers - so the purse can open wide.

I know it doesn't always work that way and you would have to hold it open to keep that width from narrowing so when reaching in when and it's on your shoulder you wouldn't usually do that and it would be rather difficult. I've had several that way so I speak from experience.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Smaug said:
On 1/12/2015 Lucibee said: It would help if you had given the item number.

Yes. What was the item number?

Probably won't happen. She's posted about 'stupid' reviews before and won't post items #'s.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps she couldn't get her hand in without the zipper irritating her hand. I have had handbags that open wide but they scratch my hand and I usually end up donating the purse after frequent scratches all over my hand. And my hands are small.....

Honored Contributor

Why, when Q asks for reviews and opinions, and someone shares just that, do others feel the need to criticize?

I know that if the opening of a purse isn't just right, both length and width, I can't stand it. So perhaps this was the problem. Maybe it was long enough, but not wide enough or vice a versa. Perhaps it was one that won't stay open and kind of closes up if you don't use two hands to keep the opening wide enough to get things in and out.

Whatever the case, I would take note of and appreciate a review like that, and watch the presentation closely to try to determine if the opening or the bag staying open was a problem. I would find it helpful that someone had some issue with the size of the opening, as that is a concern for me. Others might not, and could scroll on by.

Another stupid post.

Honored Contributor

Stupid is one of her favorite words.

No matter how big an opening is, sometimes the zipper is hard to use or hurts your hands.

Super Contributor

The width of the handbag does not indicate how wide the top opens. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

The width of the handbag is the side to side measurement.

Therefore, the zippered opening could very well be too narrow for some to use comfortably.

Whoever wrote the review is indicating that the opening is too narrow, and it very well may be.

Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Cranberries said:
On 1/12/2015 Smaug said:
On 1/12/2015 Lucibee said: It would help if you had given the item number.

Yes. What was the item number?

Probably won't happen. She's posted about 'stupid' reviews before and won't post items #'s.

Ah. Okay. lol

The zipper could have been an interior zipper. Or an outside side zipper.

I think the OP goes around reading reviews just to click on the ""No"" under ""Was this review helpful to you?"".

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Jules

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

This thread needs a 'like' button.

Super Contributor

Another STUPID thread.