Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Ryan Lochte update...

@Tinkrbl44 I find what he did unforgivable because I can.  I can have my opinion, view, say so, etc.  It doesn't have to agree with yours. 

What career?  What does he do exactly? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree but Ryan tried  to  give Rio a bad name, by saying he 

was robbed.   And then  abused by the police.  

@itiswhatitis

Esteemed Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

I agree but Ryan tried  to  give Rio a bad name, by saying he 

was robbed.   And then  abused by the police.  

@itiswhatitis

They were not abused by the police.  They police/security acted the same way that many American police would have.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@hckynut

At the expense of Rio, the lies he told were a reflection on Rio.

@Miranda1550

I am not getting your point. What exactly did his mistake(you say lie) do to reflect or deflect harm to Rio, or maybe more pointed specificity than just, Rio?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Before the lie was discovered that it was not a safe place to be.............................

@hckynut

Esteemed Contributor

Ryan Lochte and friends set it all into motion, but according to a Brazilian judge, there was some truth to his story, based on what the video showed, plus the missing footage on that video. There were guns pointed, a payment was made, and then one of the young men was extorted in order to get his passport back. Bad for the Olympics, bad for the U.S., bad for Brazil, and bad for those four athletes who probably will NEVER complete for America again.  

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Ryan Lochte and friends set it all into motion, but according to a Brazilian judge, there was some truth to his story, based on what the video showed, plus the missing footage on that video. There were guns pointed, a payment was made, and then one of the young men was extorted in order to get his passport back. Bad for the Olympics, bad for the U.S., bad for Brazil, and bad for those four athletes who probably will NEVER complete for America again.  

@RainCityWoman

ITA .... it was an unfortunate situation all around.

I wonder why posters aren't as outraged by the fact that one of our athletes had to make an $11,000 donation to a charity before they would give him his passport back.  I think this is, as you say, nothing short of extortion!

Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

Before the lie was discovered that it was not a safe place to be.............................

@hckynut

@Miranda1550

Still don't get your point. Rio was/is not a safe place to be. What Ryan said, in my opinion, had no reflection on the real Rio.  Rio's crime statistics were/are about as high any place could be, and that was long before Ryan made the news headlines.

All anyone needs to do is check the crime rate stats in Rio. Pretty easy to find, and easy to understand. It certainly would never be on my list of places that I would want to visit.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, DP. Operator error.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

ITA .... it was an unfortunate situation all around.

I wonder why posters aren't as outraged by the fact that one of our athletes had to make an $11,000 donation to a charity before they would give him his passport back.  I think this is, as you say, nothing short of extortion!

@Tinkrbl44

Here were it dc some of the bureaucrats might just call it a tax. Seems to be their go to when they have no explanation. To me if someone other than a judge(which I see they do have) holds something that does not belong to them, and asks for money in exchange? 

That is the exact and accurate definition of the word extortion. Right on!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)