QVC Customer Care

Re: Another Ryan Lochte update...

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@hckynut

You make some pretty good points.  However.....

"He earned every one of them and they are his to keep and cherish."

Marion Jones & Lance Armstrong thought the same.  We know what happened to them! Smiley Wink

There were others<---link

@Mz iMac

I have no clue who Marion Jones might be. Yes I do know what happened to Lance Armstrong. However, I believe he was a highly paid professional athlete, completely different than the man in question in this thread.

If you want to take away awards from 1 man, we can step back into recent history in a couple sports where things much worse than telling a lie was done. Maybe someone should put together a "committee" to take away all awards by athletes that later did some very bad deeds. Did they take away Michael Vick's? To me, he committed the 2nd worse crime to helpless canine victims.

What was his future to see after, what I see as mild punishment? An invite at a 7 figure salary by an NFL team. Didn't appear to me he was punished for the rest of his life, and for what he did to how many innocent animals!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@hckynut

Marion Jones & Lance Armstrong thought the same.  We know what happened to them! Smiley Wink

@Mz iMac

I have no clue who Marion Jones might be. Yes I do know what happened to Lance Armstrong. However, I believe he was a highly paid professional athlete, completely different than the man in question in this thread.

If you want to take away awards from 1 man, we can step back into recent history in a couple sports where things much worse than telling a lie was done. Maybe someone should put together a "committee" to take away all awards by athletes that later did some very bad deeds. Did they take away Michael Vick's? To me, he committed the 2nd worse crime to helpless canine victims.

What was his future to see after, what I see as mild punishment? An invite at a 7 figure salary by an NFL team. Didn't appear to me he was punished for the rest of his life, and for what he did to how many innocent animals!

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Marion Lois Jones (born October 12, 1975), also known as Marion Jones-Thompson, is an American former world champion track and field athlete and a former professional basketball player for Tulsa Shock in the WNBA. She won three gold medals and two bronze medals at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia, but was later stripped of the titles after admitting to steroid use.[1][2] Jones did retain her three gold medals as a world champion from 1997 and 1999.

At the time of her admission and subsequent guilty plea, Marion Jones was one of the most famous athletes to be linked to the BALCO scandal.[3] The case against BALCO covered more than 20 top level athletes, including Jones's ex-husband, shot putter C.J. Hunter, and 100 m sprinter Tim Montgomery, the father of Jones's first child.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@hckynut

@Mz iMac

hckynut(john)

@hckynutTake away his earnings?  No they didn't take his earnings.  They put Mike Vick in jail though for four years and lost a lot of his earning potential.  No one is trying to take Lochte's earnings.  Just his medals.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

This guy still acts like an 18 year old frat boy. Unfortunately he is 32 and should know better. However, he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He is definitely not an intellectual giant and seems to have a problem with impulse control...and booze.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

This guy still acts like an 18 year old frat boy. Unfortunately he is 32 and should know better. However, he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He is definitely not an intellectual giant and seems to have a problem with impulse control...and booze.

And his biggest and most long-lasting punishment is that DWTS or not, "softish" (really?) throat drops or not, he will fade into obscurity and stay there. Unless he starts having DUIs and related assault-"ish" 😜 charges.

Endorsements? Well, IF he goes that route as many have done before him to tart up their image, he could do promos for the Betty Ford Center. Promises Malibu, and the like.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

The MAN needs to be punished/fined.  He lied and it concerned law enforcement.  Unforgiveable.

@Puzzle Piece

Punished by whom?    Fined how much, and by whom?

As mentioned previously, there's a lot of NFL players who've abused women or children and not much is said about it, as long as their teams win.   Do you really think what Ryan did is "unforgiveable" .... and you think ... what? .... his life and career should be over for lying?  Really?

Yes, in my book book he is unforgiveable.  Did I mention (WHERE) that his life and career should be over........WHERE.  Why do you always exagerrate and imagine things people write when not a thing like that was written on my part.  Really. Where is NFL mentioned in this thread or that subject...........are you on another thread somewhere?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, I don't think his medals are part of this conversation as he did nothing wrong in winning them and the financial damage his lying has done to his bottom line in my opinion are punishment enough.  I also think Brazil should back off as their hands are not clean here either.  It was a stupid situation that got out of control in a very extraordinary way.

This is one of those deals that I would let the markets decide.  I personally will not be watching DWTS nor purchasing or Googling those throat lozenges.

This isn't the first time his behavior has come into question (see Radaronline) but it is the first time it hit him in the wallet.  It's a shame he lost his Ralph Lauren contract as he was gorgeous in their ads and showcased him in what he does best out of the water . . . stand there and look beautiful and please for the love of God do not speak . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

It's a shame he lost his Ralph Lauren contract as he was gorgeous in their ads and showcased him in what he does best out of the water . . . stand there and look beautiful and please for the love of God do not speak . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

I totally agree...he sure is purdy.

I'm guessing he'll be modeling for H&M and/or doing a photo shoot with Terrry Richardson (edgy photographer) in the near future.   Or maybe a rep for a cologne...Versace, maybe?  Edgy/handsome for those non-stop Christmas cologne ads which are coming up in the near future. 

Respected Contributor

What about the investigation by USA investigative reporters?