Frequent Contributor

Re: Another NFL abuse allegation

On 9/17/2014 kdgn said:

And another one was arrested today: Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals. He's been deactivated by the team. He has been charged with aggravated assault causing a fracture, aggravated assault involving a minor and two other charges. He admits to assaulting his wife but says no broken bones, twice: July 21 and July 22. It was reported to the cops on Sept. 11.

Maybe some good is coming from the publicity.

She obviously found the courage to report this incident after the RR news hit.

Sadly, I think there will be more.

Honored Contributor

I heard on a news broadcast that the percentage of NFL players involved in domestic violence against their partner or spouse is much lower than it is in society in general.

Now I see that as food for thought.

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

On 9/17/2014 hckynut said:

I heard on a news broadcast that the percentage of NFL players involved in domestic violence against their partner or spouse is much lower than it is in society in general.

Those were likely old stats done when the abuse wasn't reported and/or covered up by the teams..

I have a feeling that's all going to change.

Valued Contributor

On 9/17/2014 mstyrion said:

Those were likely old stats done when the abuse wasn't reported and/or covered up by the teams..

Agree. So much new info coming to light. How could anybody take that as a real statistic right now?

Honored Contributor

I guess if you want to consider a study done in 2013 "old stats", that is up to you. As for "wasn't reported and/or covered up"? This is another of those that want to "prove a negative", which cannot be done.

If you want to think NFL players do this more than those in the general public be my guest. When you find a way to prove a negative let me know will you?

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I guess if you want to consider a study done in 2013 "old stats", that is up to you. As for "wasn't reported and/or covered up"? This is another of those that want to "prove a negative", which cannot be done.

If you want to think NFL players do this more than those in the general public be my guest. When you find a way to prove a negative let me know will you?

It's 2014 nowand yes, those 2013 stats are out-dated.

I think you will find the incidents of cover up will come to light very soon. I'll leave it to you to hear it on your own

Honored Contributor

IMO if you don't believe there is a high rate in the general public you're in denial. Most cases never get charged. Most women won't press charges. I really hate that Gloria Allred has now gotten into this. Can't stand her. she's a media hog and is in it for herself.
Honored Contributor

How naive do they think people are?
Honored Contributor

hckynut.....i was listening to our local talk radio a couple of days ago and they had an ""expert"" on the show.......she said the exact same thing actually.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

statistics....more pliable than silly putty.

And you can make both silly putty and statistics appear however you want them too.

One little word could change those stats..reported.