Esteemed Contributor

Anonymous donors have given $3 million to a scholarship fund for members of the Mother Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church community after a massacre at the historic house of worship left nine dead.

The money has been donated to the Reverend Pinckney Scholarship Fund, named in honor of Rev. Clementa Pinckney, one of the victims in the Charleston, SC tragedy. The fund will provide college and advanced degree scholarships for the historical church's extended community, including the families of the victims.

"We do not pretend to understand the pain caused by this unimaginable tragedy," the anonymous donors said in a statement. "We simply want members of the Mother Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church community to know that the burdens of perseverance and empathy, which they have demonstrated with such dignity, do not fall exclusively on their shoulders."

More:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/anonymous-donors-give-3m-scholarship-fund-charleston-church/story?id=321966...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

That is wonderful newsSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor
OMG !

What a wonderful thing to do.
Honored Contributor

Such a generous gift.  I'm sure it will mean a great deal to his family and friends.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Wow. What a blessed gift. Gives one hope for humanity.

Esteemed Contributor

That is truly wonderful!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I wonder how many people donated directly to the church? That's what I did a day or two after the massacre.

They are building an elevator to assist handicapped people who want to worship there.

Respected Contributor

this is gratifying and wonderful to hear about -   and anonymous!

Honored Contributor

This made me cry when I read it just now . . . what a wonderful thing to do.  God bless them!

And thank you for posting this Marp!