Esteemed Contributor

Re: Angelina Jolie Files for Divorce from Brad Pitt

They haven't even been separated A WEEK YET.

Their separation date was given as 9/15.

This is a scare tactic by Angelina to get him off booze & weed. Showing him she means business.

I don't think he wants to lose his family.

They will be back together.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I could never understand the 'hoopla' over Brad Pitt.  he was okay looking and a good actor but nothing more. 

He 'runs with' a close knit group of guys who are well known for their partying ways.  Funny thing, they all married smart, level headed women.

I've never been a fan of Angelina Jolie, I thought she was weird and she's carrying a lot of baggage. 

If what TMZ says is true that it's about drinking, drugs and anger issues, she's doing the right thing by protecting her children!  But...I don't believe these issues just started.

Maybe she gave Brad and ultimatum, get help or it's over, or maybe she finally had had enough.

Who knows?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

She knew he was a snake, i.e. a liar, cheat and drug user, when she picked him up.

Some women are just attracted to bad boys. 

Agree, but those women should never bring children into the picture.  That makes them terrible decision makers, which I suppose goes full circle to being attracted to bad boys.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

YorkieonmyPillow wrote:  They haven't even been separated A WEEK YET.  Their separation date was given as 9/15.

This is a scare tactic by Angelina to get him off booze & weed. Showing him she means business.

I don't think he wants to lose his family.

They will be back together.

Good point.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Didn't Brad complain about Jen because all she wanted to do was sit on the couch and smoke pot all day?

Btw, Jen looks younger and younger just using drugstore brand face cream....amazing!

Feeling sad for the kids though, bet they really love both parents and this has got to be hard.  To us Brad and Angelina are *celebrities*, to the kids they are Mommy and Daddy.  Much bigger than stars.

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for all their children.  The Daily Mail said Jolie is going for full custody.  The kids need a stable home.  If she can give them that, she should get it.  Then Pitt can see the kids regularly.  With all the money they have, they could even arrange to live in separate houses on the same large plot of land or in the same neighborhood so that he could see them all the time. 

Honored Contributor

Angelina has been to he11 and back with two major surgeries in a short period of time. She was forced into premature menopause. I can just imagine how difficult this was on her emotionally and Brad may have been a part of the emotional aspect of all of it. Their relationship may have really suffered and neither one of them knew how to deal with the ramifications.....so Brad strayed. Even in the best of relationships illness is a very difficult thing to deal with.

I really hope they work it out. From what I have heard they truly love one another. (a friend I have known for years who has been in close contact with them has told me that they are very devoted to one another and the children) Sometimes love just isn't enough, though. Sigh...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Surprised, by that. But why r u putting the blame on pit? She is in no way a angel.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

She isn't going to put up with a lot of misbehavior - drinking, smoking weed - in front of those kids.

She is showing him now that she is serious.

He'll straighten up.

JMO

Honored Contributor

Well it's very difficult to stay married if the couple is normal and not in the spotlight.  The kids will be fine.  It's better to separate now than wait and see if things get better with Brad.  Angelina has really straightened up her act....with her work with children and families in war ravaged and poor countries....unicef or un work??? Very commendable.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G