Frequent Contributor

Re: ~Andrew Lessman Says, On HSN This AM~,,,Dr Oz Is Full Of ----.....

On 1/13/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

What does Dr. Oz say about green tea that got Lessman in a snit? That you don't have to spend 20 bucks for 20 bags of it?

He never said Kitty, but you are probably right..lol

Honored Contributor

Maybe Lessman couldn't cut it in med school so he decided to be a lawyer?

Not saying that he doesn't read research, but he's not a doctor of any kind after all.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2014 Rachelle said:

What does Dr. Oz say about green tea that got Lessman in a snit? That you don't have to spend 20 bucks for 20 bags of it?

He never said Kitty, but you are probably right..lol

So he just took a non specific swipe at Oz?

Respected Contributor

They are about the same age but Dr Oz much more accomplished. He is after all a successful heart surgeon and appeared on tv for the first time in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Oz

Super Contributor

Lessman is a lawyer turned vitamin distributor.

Dr. Oz is just a heart surgeon.

Just a heart surgeon?

I wouldn't buy from either one of them. Lessman just wants to sell his vitamins any way he can and Oz sold out to the money train a long time ago. Neither one has any credibility with me.

Honored Contributor

He's probably just jealous that Oz has a TV show and all he has is a spot on a shopping channel.

I personally think that Dr. Oz's show could be a LOT better, but he's a smart man.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2014 grandma_2_2 said:

Lessman is a lawyer turned vitamin distributor.

Dr. Oz is just a heart surgeon.

Just a heart surgeon?

I wouldn't buy from either one of them. Lessman just wants to sell his vitamins any way he can and Oz sold out to the money train a long time ago. Neither one has any credibility with me.

Are you familiar with the word ""facetious""?

Honored Contributor

Dr Oz sold his soul IMO with his talk show. He touts a new weight loss supplement cure every week. How is that responsible? He is an accomplished surgeon and he should have higher morals and standards. Sorry, not a fan.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard Oz say that there was a supplement that would "cure" overweight. Only things that have shown promise in helping people lose weight.

The problem I have with is show is that nothing is gone into in much depth. It's like a show for a short attention span audience. He just hits briefly on things and is on to something else.

I suppose he might think that people would then look into it on their own afterwards.

But I think he gives them too much credit, they just run to the store asking for something they "saw on Dr. Oz"

Trusted Contributor

On 1/13/2014 bikerbabe said:

Dr Oz sold his soul IMO with his talk show. He touts a new weight loss supplement cure every week. How is that responsible? He is an accomplished surgeon and he should have higher morals and standards. Sorry, not a fan.

I agree. I think he started out as being credible but now he plays to what will help his shows ratings. I heard Lessman talking about how all these things - green tea being one of them that is being touted by some - Dr. Oz to help people loose weight. What he said that taking in less calories is how people are going to loose weight.