Honored Contributor

Re: Anderson cooper last night ,about his mom.

@momtochloe wrote:

I am a huge Anderson Cooper fan and was thrilled when the weekend that the special was launched it was a free weekend so I watched the special a couple of times.  He clearly loves his mom and she him and both have been through a lot.

I happened to catch him on Stephen Colbert last night and it was an interesting interview.  It broke my heart when he said he kept hoping that his dad had written him a letter before he passed telling him more about himself and what he hoped for Anderson but that never happened and that is why he started this journey with his mother to make sure that never happened again.

It was oddly endearing that she is happy to watch him on TV each night and they only check in with each other sporadically.  I know it may be odd to some but it clearly works for them.

The one thing that really made me laugh is that taping had to stop when Judge Judy was on . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

i am a big anderson cooper fan also. i got the chance to see him live on tour this month. it was a great evening.

she was on watch what happens live the other night with andy cohen and anderson. she was saying her NEW favorite show, although she does love judge judy, is DR PHIL. LOL

she also said she enjoys eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day for lunch.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I am a huge Anderson Cooper fan and was thrilled when the weekend that the special was launched it was a free weekend so I watched the special a couple of times.  He clearly loves his mom and she him and both have been through a lot.

I happened to catch him on Stephen Colbert last night and it was an interesting interview.  It broke my heart when he said he kept hoping that his dad had written him a letter before he passed telling him more about himself and what he hoped for Anderson but that never happened and that is why he started this journey with his mother to make sure that never happened again.

It was oddly endearing that she is happy to watch him on TV each night and they only check in with each other sporadically.  I know it may be odd to some but it clearly works for them.

The one thing that really made me laugh is that taping had to stop when Judge Judy was on . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

i am a big anderson cooper fan also. i got the chance to see him live on tour this month. it was a great evening.

she was on watch what happens live the other night with andy cohen and anderson. she was saying her NEW favorite show, although she does love judge judy, is DR PHIL. LOL

she also said she enjoys eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day for lunch.

@sunshine45 I have seen several biographical pieces on her and it is a wonder that she is still here.  What a path she has traveled even with all her wealth as it is clear she would always pick happiness and family first.  I remember how scandalous it was when she launched her Gloria Vanderbilt jeans lines and I couldn't wait to buy a pair (they were great jeans) . . . Smiley Happy

What really made me laugh last night was when in discussing her various love affairs when she was younger (like 17!) she was dating several big Hollywood names and then they landed on Howard Hughes (who was in him prime at that point) and she told Anderson he was the first man she didn't have to fake it with . . . the look on Anderson's face was absolutely priceless, it really made me laugh out loud.  Again, what a life they both have lead.

Honored Contributor

It was interesting, i felt bad for her about her childhood, but there were some things she did, that i feel was troubling, her nanny, she could had paid to have her taken care of,that nanny loved her, she died in catholic charities, and the aunt that took her mom to court, she would go to new york,and not go visit her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It was interesting, i felt bad for her about her childhood, but there were some things she did, that i feel was troubling, her nanny, she could had paid to have her taken care of,that nanny loved her, she died in catholic charities, and the aunt that took her mom to court, she would go to new york,and not go visit her.

This completely bothered me and my daughter as well. This was a woman who was practically her mother and I felt really disappointed to find out that she died like that. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I recorded it and was anxious to watch it until I read this.  Now I'm not sure I want to.  She could have easily taken care of those the nanny and stayed in touch with the aunt.  She should have done those things.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen it yet, but Anderson was talking about it and how optimistic she was. Anderson said that at 92, she believed that love was just around the corner. 

I had a beautiful pair of her shoes in sling back heels and a very light pastel pink that I got compliments on every time I wore them. The leather and comfort were tops!

Trusted Contributor

I watched it on CNN last night and really enjoyed it. I too still have questions though

I don't know if the book would answer them or not. Like why didn't her two older sons live with her when she was married to Anderson's dad?  She had custody of them.  I too am

curious about her mother and would like to know more about her. 

I think she is very fortunate to have such a loving and caring son.  It breaks my heart that Anderson's brother Carter was in such a bad place that he would jump from the building.

He was a very handsome boy and apparantly smart too.

Esteemed Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

I watched it on CNN last night and really enjoyed it. I too still have questions though

I don't know if the book would answer them or not. Like why didn't her two older sons live with her when she was married to Anderson's dad?  She had custody of them.  I too am

curious about her mother and would like to know more about her. 

I think she is very fortunate to have such a loving and caring son.  It breaks my heart that Anderson's brother Carter was in such a bad place that he would jump from the building.

He was a very handsome boy and apparantly smart too.

I thought they did live with her but they were much older than Anderson and Carter so they were probably out of the house not long after for school.

I read an article which talked about the son she doesn't speak to. It was an interview with his ex fiance. Apparently after Glorias husband died she started seeing a therapist who really had her brainwashed almost and took her (and other rich clients) for lots of money and was sued. Apparently that therapist was the reason her son does not talk to her, he tried to break up him and his fiancee which eventually worked. After that, he never spoke to her again and she eventually got out from under the spell this Dr. Christ Zois had on her and she sued him. She never received any money from him though as he apparently didn't have it. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe

@sunshine45 I have seen several biographical pieces on her and it is a wonder that she is still here.  What a path she has traveled even with all her wealth as it is clear she would always pick happiness and family first.  I remember how scandalous it was when she launched her Gloria Vanderbilt jeans lines and I couldn't wait to buy a pair (they were great jeans) . . . Smiley Happy

What really made me laugh last night was when in discussing her various love affairs when she was younger (like 17!) she was dating several big Hollywood names and then they landed on Howard Hughes (who was in him prime at that point) and she told Anderson he was the first man she didn't have to fake it with . . . the look on Anderson's face was absolutely priceless, it really made me laugh out loud.  Again, what a life they both have lead.

That was so funny!! I love the relationship they have with each other. She certainly has lived quite a life. I love how she keeps herself busy. So many people even in their 60s and 70s just check out when they retire. I think work or having something to do that you have a passion for keeps you young. 

JFK
Respected Contributor

I didn't see it, and I admit i am unnerved by the frankness of the discussions between mother and son. That said, I like and respect Anderson Cooper.  After watching him on TV, I think he's a good person, but even more I've heard other media figures speak of his respectfulness for opposing viewpoints, which is not a given at CNN.  I suppose he hasn't had a life without challenges, but he should know that people respect him for the person he has become and wish him the best always.