Honored Contributor

Anderson cooper last night ,about his mom.

[ Edited ]

Did any one watch it last night? 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Anderson copper, special on his mom

I think you mean Anderson Cooper.  I don't have HBO, but did read their book, The Rainbow Comes and Goes - fabulous! 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I think you mean Anderson Cooper.  I don't have HBO, but did read their book, The Rainbow Comes and Goes - fabulous! 

I saw this on HBO a few weeks ago. It was shown as a special on CNN.

Respected Contributor

did the CNN version run without commercial interruptions?

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

did the CNN version run without commercial interruptions?

No.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

i saw it on hbo and really thought it was good.  he obviously adores her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anderson cooper last night ,about his mom.

I posted on another thread about this- I didn't think I would even watch it but I kind of got hooked. I thought it was pretty good but lacked some details I would have liked (like how old his dad was when he died, etc). I also saw an intereview with AC and they had shown a clip where he and his mom were talking about how she felt when AC told her he was gay and then they talked about his grandmother being gay but I didn't see that on the show last night? Maybe the one on HBO goes into more depth?

Anyway, I though it was very sad on many levels. I really like Anderson Cooper and his dad sounded like a really amazing man. It is too bad he died so young as those boys had a really wonderful role model in him.

I really like Gloria Vanderbilt's paintings.

Honored Contributor

I am a huge Anderson Cooper fan and was thrilled when the weekend that the special was launched it was a free weekend so I watched the special a couple of times.  He clearly loves his mom and she him and both have been through a lot.

I happened to catch him on Stephen Colbert last night and it was an interesting interview.  It broke my heart when he said he kept hoping that his dad had written him a letter before he passed telling him more about himself and what he hoped for Anderson but that never happened and that is why he started this journey with his mother to make sure that never happened again.

It was oddly endearing that she is happy to watch him on TV each night and they only check in with each other sporadically.  I know it may be odd to some but it clearly works for them.

The one thing that really made me laugh is that taping had to stop when Judge Judy was on . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i was riveted......i enjoyed it very much!

there were times last night when i had tears in my eyes.

she definitely has had a fascinating life for 92 years. for some reason, in some of the photos and videos of her, she reminded me of audrey hepburn.

andersons father was only 50 when he died (glorias 4th and final husband).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

the HBO program was just shy of 2 hours and CNN had to edit their 2 hours to fit in commercials. so some details were removed.

Wyatt Cooper was 50 when he passed away