Honored Contributor

Re: An update on dogs in the grocery store

Geez, this thread has more *poofs* than Zsa Zsa's vanity table.

Good for you OP, for taking the store to task.

Dog lover here (cat lover, too!) but there is NO reason to take your pet to the grocery store.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for the OP.  We went to Fred Meyers Starbuck for coffee and saw a small dog in a shopping cart in the dining area.  Took our coffee and left.  Don't want your dog in a hot car then leave them home.

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just because you saw a dog in a store.  The dogs are probably cleaner than a lot of people.

@Phantom41   In her original thread she said that there was a senior housing next to this store and that the store was (paraphrasing) overrun with dogs- dogs in carts, dogs in produce-dogs, dogs, everywhere.

The thread then morphed into lectures about service dogs vs. companion dogs.  Again,

For the maybe 10th time??

LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Grocery carts are disgusting...period. Doesn't matter who or what's been in them, stores need to clean them! Gross.Smiley Tongue Wish I didn't have to use them.

Sounds like a new product idea for Origami (on another shopping channel) - portable, foldable personal shopping carts!

@ValuSkr  Those personal carts have been around for a long time.   You would still have to clean them periodically just as reusable bags need cleaning.

After all,  people touch the products you will be placing in that cart. Trying to avoid all bacteria/viruses is like trying to herd cats.  

LOL.  I couldn't agree more.  In fact, it's not a bad thing to be exposed to all kind of microscopic critters.  We overuse anti-biotics in this country.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Geez, this thread has more *poofs* than Zsa Zsa's vanity table.

@Lucky Charm  ROTFL!!  *spews coffee*   I  needed a good laugh!!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just because you saw a dog in a store.  The dogs are probably cleaner than a lot of people.

@Phantom41   In her original thread she said that there was a senior housing next to this store and that the store was (paraphrasing) overrun with dogs- dogs in carts, dogs in produce-dogs, dogs, everywhere.

The thread then morphed into lectures about service dogs vs. companion dogs.  Again,

LOL

Ok, but I have a hard time picturing a store overrun with animals unless it's Petsmart!

Honored Contributor

Maybe stores should offer germ free bubbles for customers to hop into before shopping.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

All the markets in my area offer sanitizing wipes by the cart station. 

Why don't germophobes just wipe the cart off with those?

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

LOL

Ok, but I have a hard time picturing a store overrun with animals unless it's Petsmart!

Me, too.  Once in a blue moon I'll see a dog in the grocery store.

I want to pet them and give them a treat, not freak out about their germs.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

All the markets in my area offer sanitizing wipes by the cart station. 

Why don't germophobes just wipe the cart off with those?

That's what I do.  I am a monetary supporter of Warrior Canine Connection, an organization that trains service dogs for military veterans.  They have a 2-year waiting list for well-trained service dogs.