Honored Contributor

Re: American Sniper ""Fake Baby""

Yep to post 33. Heard on the local news today baby 1 was sick and baby 2 was a no show so they had to use a doll.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Ilikeshade said:

Taken from The Hollywood Reporter:

But shooting in California poses some challenges when employing a real baby given the state's strict laws (part of the movie was shot in Los Angeles). Infants must be at least 15 days old, and babies from that age up to six months can be employed for only one period of two consecutive hours in any given day. Moreover, that time frame has to be between 9:30-11:30 a.m. or from 2:30-4:30 p.m., and one studio teacher along with one nurse must be on set during filming.

According to American Sniper screenwriter/executive producer JasonHall, there's actually a good explanation as to why fake babies were used on the film. In response to journalist MarkHarris' tweet "That plastic baby in American Sniper is going to be rationalized by Eastwood auteur cultists until the end of days," Hall replied: "hate to ruin the fun but real baby #1 showed up with a fever. Real baby #2 was no show. (Clint voice) Gimme the doll, kid."

eta: I have not seen the movie...hence the reason I haven't posted my opinion.

LOL

I didn't even pay attention to the fake baby. That's how much of an impression it made on me. I loved the movie, and fake or not fake...much ado about nothing. It wasn't an integral part of the movie by any stretch of the matter.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I'm sure the same people would be complaining if the baby looked too real.

Super Contributor

On 1/20/2015 croemer said:

This movie has hit a nerve...they must pick...pick...pick at any small detail to tear it down.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Yep. And if a real baby had been used, it would be the same pick pick pick, too.

Super Contributor
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Love Roses said:

So, the whole hoo rah is about a prop? When will people get a real life. They want perfection yet they themselves are soooooo far from it.

Exactly - why does anyone care?

Honored Contributor

If we can fake our O's, we can fake our babies too.

Super Contributor

They will be re-playing the interview with Chris Kyle and BOR on Fox for anyone that wants to see it for themselves . . . before they cut to the SOTU address.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Cakers1 said:

This movie has hit a nerve...they must pick...pick...pick at any small detail to tear it down.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Yep. And if a real baby had been used, it would be the same pick pick pick, too.

Oh yeah...no doubt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Cakers1 said:

Oh yeah...no doubt.

Or filming a 7 month old and calling him a newborn {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____