Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon is also pushing back delivery dates

My Amazon orders the past two weeks have actually come ahead of time. I am not a Prime member. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a Prime member in the mid-Atlantic area.  I haven't notice any push back of delivery dates.....except for one or two deliveries that were due in the evening, but were delivered the next day.

Honored Contributor

I've not had Amazon issues, just recently UPS has been off by days.  They always say it will be here by 1:30,then it goes to 3:30 then 7 p.m. then 8 or 10.  Don't know what advantage it is to play this game every time!  

Trusted Contributor

I am Prime but I try to combine orders, and deliver on the same day. If I really need it asap that's one thing but more often than not I don't need it tomorrow, it can wait until the following Monday.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

this has been going on for a long time in my area......and we have an amazon warehouse close by. i am not getting that many deliveries overnight anymore, some take 2 days, some longer, and it is now costing MORE to keep prime.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

MORE of an issue for me.....

i absolutely hate when amazon says something has been delivered, when it hasnt. i also hate seeing that they say "access to home not available." i am in a single family home. these generally mean that the driver didnt want to deliver them so they will wait for the next days deliveries.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Aren't the digital credits great? I'll happily  wait a few extra days for delivery if credits are available. Just checked mine and I have nearly $14 to use through Dec. 31, and I'm sure I'll pick up some more before then. Just rented 3 movies for free this summer!

eta: There are 16 Amazon warehouses/fulfillment centers around my metro area. So if something is promised as "same day," or 1-2 day delivery, it happens in that time frame. Third-party, marketplace vendors don't usually specify the quick delivery.

i never use them, maybe i should start, 

I order cat litter and it's here quicker than I can go to the store

Respected Contributor

Most of my orders arrive overnight or the following day. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever gotten 2 day delivery since I started Prime, and we now have a fulfillment center nearby.  DH got one in 2 days the other day though.  I'm rarely in a big hurry to get things though, and now often combine orders for fewer deliveries, not for the digital discount though.  I'd rather they'd just add points for shopping.  

I try to order items after my CC date passes and then wait until the next date before ordering again. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't had any issues.  I sometimes choose to have a later date so everything can be in one package.  I have noticed if an item is coming from a third party vendor it takes longer.